Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Head Janitor
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a quick roost vid from this weekend on the Maumee river in Toledo, OH.

Here's the speed. Not quite what I was hoping for; but truthful.

·
Head Janitor
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice Roost. What kind of boat is it? Maybe a Liberator with LS1 if I was smart enough to read post completely. Looking for more details though..

Ha ha ha...here's a copy of my post when I got it "completed".

Well…it’s finally done (mostly). All I have left to do is pressure test some the fresh water connections and put the back seat in.

Specs:
21’ Liberator with Dominator pump
383 LS1
238/244 Hyd. Roller
MTI Stg 3 241 Cast Heads
Yella Terra Rockers
Rewarder Water Injected Through Transom Headers
Edelbrock Performer Intake
850 Carb
MSD 6LS
Closed Cooling System

·
Registered
132 Posts
Looks like it will very nice when you get done. Did you fabricate the mounting plates for the engine? I like the idea of having the alternator mounted high like that. What was your reasoning on the closed cooling system? Not questioning your decision, just curious as was considering going to a closed system also. Figured it made sense to ask one who has been there done it.

·
Head Janitor
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like it will very nice when you get done. Did you fabricate the mounting plates for the engine? I like the idea of having the alternator mounted high like that. What was your reasoning on the closed cooling system? Not questioning your decision, just curious as was considering going to a closed system also. Figured it made sense to ask one who has been there done it.
No, they are S&W Race Cars motor plates front and rear. If I had it to do over again, I'd get an Lightning MFG rear motor plate so I could use a top mount starter.

Closed cooling:

and yeah, there are several reasons I went with semi closed cooling...

1) At the time of the first LS1 swap, I would've had to fab the water ports to use open cooling - and I work construction on the road and didn't know/trust any fabricators in the area I was in. Now several companies (like Moroso) make these ports and it wouldn't be an issue now.

2) I know now that there are inline t-stats, but I didn't really know that then - and a "cold" running LS1 isn't good. Since the t-stat on an LS1 is in the water pump housing, I just thought it'd be easier to keep it.

3) I got a GREAT deal on the heat exchanger. I actually bought a pair of heat exhangers for $75.

4) Some of the lakes I go to have brine water - brine water + aluminum really isn't that good.

5) Winterizing is a breeze!

6) If I put this engine back in a car at some point, I don't have to worry about mud/rocks/other trash being in the engine just waiting to plug my radiator or heater core.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts