Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Still Boatless :-(
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would suggest a 10% federal tax credit on all GM-Chrysler-Ford products sold to all tax payers (not just busnesses) from now until April 15, 2009, with the credit retroactive for the 2008 tax year.

There is already a tax credit for businesses or self employed persons that buy SUVs over 6000lbs GVW.

This would give a great incentive to flush out the huge inventory of these cars sitting in dealers inventory, and give the auto companyies a 4 month boost in sales.

Keep in mind, a "tax credit" is just like money in your pocket as soon as you turn in your tax return.

I am not in support of rewarding the poor management of the auto companies in the past, but that inventory has to go.

But I still think the three American based companies (GM, Ford & Chrysler) make some of the best SUVs and trucks in the world.

This is a simple solution....think about getting a good priced Tahoe for $30,000 and getting a $3,000 tax credit.......or a $60,000 Corvette and getting a $6,000 tax credit...... or a $25.000 Malibu and getting a $2,500 tax credit.

Of course this would affect the deficit, but it would quickly put money in the hands of your local dealers (we all know guys working as salesmen, service writers, or techs at the local dealers who need the money), and it would help the Detroit manufactures, union worders and all of thier vendors.

Its a quick and easy solution!

What do you think??

:)bulb

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
A lot better idea than the bailout. Excess inventory is a major part of the problem, gotta move units, lotsa units.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Sounds good to me.

·
Punk in Drublic
2,165 Posts
A lot better idea than the bailout. Excess inventory is a major part of the problem, gotta move units, lotsa units.
Agreed. A useful solution (unlike having banks keeping their TARP funds locked away). Also, like to see Uncle Sam order large quantities of military vehicles (primarily troop carrying) that the Big 3 (or 2 or 1) could mass produce to keep the lines a "hummin".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts