Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
on 3 go.....
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking about that "quickest boat in the land" and crunched a few numbers from QE at last weekends World Finals. (pardon if I made a mistake)
These are 8 consistantly quick boats that seem to have more left, not to mention guys like JohnD, Hicks and Morgan aren't even listed here.

Boat / driver Best 1/8 et
F-Bomb2 4.04
Fluid Motion 4.10
Bobby Fry 4.10
Guess Who's 4.13
Cheery Bomb 4.13
Dillon Munson 4.15
Centless 4.18
Gambler 4.18

This race will be something talked about for years to come....:))THumbsUp

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Was thinking about that "quickest boat in the land" and crunched a few numbers from QE at last weekends World Finals. (pardon if I made a mistake)
These are 8 consistantly quick boats that seem to have more left, not to mention guys like JohnD, Hicks and Morgan aren't even listed here.

F-Bomb2 4.04
Fluid Motion 4.10
Bobby Fry 4.10
Guess Who's 4.13
Cheery Bomb 4.13
Dillon Munson 4.15
Centless 4.18
Gambler 4.18

Be cool to include the 1000 ft times. Several of those numbers were 5.80's to the 1000 ft mark. Two of them were hydro's Cooper and Schiller. Most of the jets seemed to run in the 4.1s to run 6.0's and The hydros ran in the 4.30's to run 6.0's

·
Banned
67 Posts

F-Bomb2 4.04
Fluid Motion 4.10
Bobby Fry 4.10
Guess Who's 4.13
Cheery Bomb 4.13
Dillon Munson 4.15
Centless 4.18
Gambler 4.18

slowburn, where does your boat fall in on the list?

·
on 3 go.....
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Like Morgan said, it's a plastic knife in a gun fight. Quick river boats don't even compare with these guys.

I would venture to say that a few of these guys could run into the low 3.9's with the right conditions.

·
Banned
67 Posts
Like Morgan said, it's a plastic knife in a gun fight. Quick river boats don't even compare with these guys.

I would venture to say that a few of these guys could run into the low 3.9's with the right conditions.
I don't know about that. I would say they are pretty much tapped out where they are in the 1/8th, and that most of the gain is on the big end.

·
Administrator
16,894 Posts
I don't know about that. I would say they are pretty much tapped out where they are in the 1/8th, and that most of the gain is on the big end.
You are probably mistaken. :hmmm:

3.90's for us are not a problem and 3.80's probable. 2 years ago at that track we ran 4.04 the first time we had it on clocks. Firebird is a relatively slow track. We have never run Ming so who knows how we would stack up with the lightweight N2 boats..

4.0's 1/8 ran all the way out is 5.80's 1000' more or less.

Given that none of us were on a Banzai pass but trying to run the number it's not a good indication of how well any of us could run to the 1/8.

There are different strategies in a 1000' race. Run it out start to finish or run it hard down low and soften up the top. etc.

·
Registered
462 Posts
You are probably mistaken. :hmmm:

3.90's for us are not a problem and 3.80's probable. 2 years ago at that track we ran 4.04 the first time we had it on clocks. Firebird is a relatively slow track. We have never run Ming so who knows how we would stack up with the lightweight N2 boats..

4.0's 1/8 ran all the way out is 5.80's 1000' more or less.

Given that none of us were on a Banzai pass but trying to run the number it's not a good indication of how well any of us could run to the 1/8.

There are different strategies in a 1000' race. Run it out start to finish or run it hard down low and soften up the top. etc.
Aren't you guys also running 12ish psi of boost, where 30+ could be run on an all out 1/8th mile race? Seems like that'd put it sub 3.90's with that much more power on tap

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
At 25lbs rons deal is gna be diff animal all together.gna be a cool ass race when it goes down.see if the baddest in the land is boosted or bottled

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
We start to see effects at about 120 mph. Looking at data we run over that to the 1/8th. The clocks tell a different story because they are using an average from 0 to 660, Not a set of traps.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Bingo!! I would say there will be 3-5 boats in the 70's. 90's and above will not be contenders!! Should be a great event if it happens.
I don't think any jets have gone 3.70's yet. Hicks has a 3.83 I think and he has plenty of my hp on tap

John d has a 3.84
****** has a 3.84
Scarlatta has a 3.77

Steve, what can the butcher run if uncapped? Stout piece for sure

·
Registered
542 Posts
Does that mean we can shift after the tree?
Do you have a class for no power adders or would we be the only boat?
last question, why can't The Butcher run with the blower but every other style boat can?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts