Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been about 28 hours since my last cigarette. The patches work pretty well, although I still have to talk my self out of it a few times a day. It's the whole "Devil Seth" on one shoulder and "Angel Seth" on the other kinda thing.

The directions say that it helps if you tell your family and friends (that's you guys) about your plan to quit...

Hopefully I'll get my junk in the water sooner, with all the money I'll be saving :D

·
IDGAF
2,872 Posts
It's been about 28 hours since my last cigarette. The patches work pretty well, although I still have to talk my self out of it a few times a day. It's the whole "Devil Seth" on one shoulder and "Angel Seth" on the other kinda thing.

The directions say that it helps if you tell your family and friends (that's you guys) about your plan to quit...

Hopefully I'll get my junk in the water sooner, with all the money I'll be saving :D
You have to save money to put your junk in the water? Jump in the river;)

oh yea congrats, wish I could quit

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have to save money to put your junk in the water? Jump in the river;)

oh yea congrats, wish I could quit
:D:D Not that junk, the other junk. Not a bad idea though.

Grads & RB.. Thanks Guys. We'll see how it goes.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Seth I quit for a year about 4 years ago, it was one of the hardest things I have ever quit. The first 72 hours are the hardest, once you get past those it is better. I did not use the patch I just quit, I never understood the sumpliment of nicotine with nicotine thing. Anyways best of luck and it will get better. Now just dont do anything stupid like get drunk at the lake and decide that one wont hurt, because that is exactly how I started again.

·
rollin on the river
1,932 Posts
I quit 7+ years ago. It still is not easy. But its all in your head. If you tell yourself that Im not going to smoke today you will not smoke. be true to your word and stick to your guns. The hard part for most is the drinking and smoking. They go hand in hand. I quit drinking befor I quit smoking..Good luck!:|err

·
Registered
59 Posts
Congratulations! I have quit twice in the 28 years I have been smoking. Don’t even take a drag. Next you will bum one once in a wile. Then it’s all over when you by a pack. D Rat is right …. Don’t have one or it’s all over. Good luck and keep us posted. I want to see how it going. I need to quit as well. Just don’t have the willpower. GOOD LUCK

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
I quit 7+ years ago. It still is not easy. But its all in your head. If you tell yourself that Im not going to smoke today you will not smoke. be true to your word and stick to your guns. The hard part for most is the drinking and smoking. They go hand in hand. I quit drinking befor I quit smoking..Good luck!:|err
You didn't quit smoking, you just changed what you somked:|err Maybe I will try it your way next time:)bulb

By the way, before has a "e" in it, I know its a short term memory thing.

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm still doing good at 54 hours. The dreams I'm having at night are phenomenal! Gotta love the patches! More detailed and realistic than reality. I think Phil was in one last night. Nothing kinky, don't go there! He was just being Phil, saying cool chit like he does, with his half smile and sunglasses on. I even remember what his hair looked like. F-ing bizarre chit.

Thanks for all your input and support guys. I'll keep you posted.

-Seth-

·
IDGAF
2,872 Posts
I'm still doing good at 54 hours. The dreams I'm having at night are phenomenal! Gotta love the patches! More detailed and realistic than reality. I think Phil was in one last night. Nothing kinky, don't go there! He was just being Phil, saying cool chit like he does, with his half smile and sunglasses on. I even remember what his hair looked like. F-ing bizarre chit.

-Seth-
Congrats on the 54 hours, but if quitting smoking made me start having dreams about Phil, I think I would consider at least a few puffs a day until the phil dreams went away... a poet also...:D:D

·
Registered
474 Posts

-Seth-
Wow, those are some good patches! LOL

1 - 20 of 38 Posts