Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Thunder Pumpkin
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any "R" intake stuffer grates they want to sell? The "R" intake grate uses rails (6 bolts total) instead of the square pad intake grates everyone else uses.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Does anyone have any "R" intake stuffer grates they want to sell? The "R" intake grate uses rails (6 bolts total) instead of the square pad intake grates everyone else uses.

Thanks
I have one i would sell ya, I won't use it, its all wrong for my set up. PM me and I will shoot ya a picture. Are you looking for the stock one or a custom one? The one I would let go is a billet piece that was made for my boat a few years ago.

·
Owner/Crew Chief
443 Posts

Thanks
We run a 1978 vintage low profile "R" Intake and it has a slightly rectangular socket with 4 bolt holes.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Is this the style intake you are talking about?

:)hand

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
thats not an intake thats scrap aluminum.... im sure that wa an R at one time but it sure as hell isnt anymore with all he hacks done to it
I'm just talking about the slots, smart ass!!!:)sphss

·
Owner/Crew Chief
443 Posts
Must have been modified, all the R intakes I've ever seen have 6 bolt holes.
No modifications in terms of the loader socket though I've done some significant mods elsewhere on the intake ... standard Berkeley low profile "R" (Race) intake ..... not too many were made, nor installed, and not too many around anymore.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts

Thanks
Wes is that you?? If so, welcome to the boards. If not, Thunder Pumpkin, Welcome to the boards.

Cy

·
Thunder Pumpkin
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wes is that you?? If so, welcome to the boards. If not, Thunder Pumpkin, Welcome to the boards.

Cy

Yep, thats me. I broke my grate last year at the power tour. I have a jig I made because I had to make my own grates when I was testing the boat. You can't find these things anywhere so I figured I would see if anyone has one of these things layinng around.
I just finished making one up yesterday. I took the grate out of the old "Rich Bitch" Placecraft boat and made a copy. Turned out nice!
When you going to the river again?

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Yep, thats me. I broke my grate last year at the power tour. I have a jig I made because I had to make my own grates when I was testing the boat. You can't find these things anywhere so I figured I would see if anyone has one of these things layinng around.
I just finished making one up yesterday. I took the grate out of the old "Rich Bitch" Placecraft boat and made a copy. Turned out nice!
I would like to see a picture of the loader. I have alot of BFJ hardware Im trying to make work too. Im only at 800 hp but it looks like it will work.

Tim

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I am getting married on 7-12-08 but my bachelor party is this coming weekend 28th we are taking the pontoonn boat out with a fewy guys for some drinking on the water.

Cy

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Cy, Finally got my stickers. Thanks, The little ones turned out bitchen. Where is the CYCO stickers? I wanted to represent,but now.......maybe not...:)hand

·
Thunder Pumpkin
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would like to see a picture of the loader. I have alot of BFJ hardware Im trying to make work too. Im only at 800 hp but it looks like it will work.

Tim

Here's what I made my copy from. I've tried all different types of blockers ie: angle, flat, tapered......this style worked the best for my placecraft. The leading edge of the grate is about 3/8" above the keel. I'll try to get some pics of the loader grate that I made and howit sits in the boat.....

Attachments

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,078 Posts
Wes,

Missed you boy's at the river this weekend, but had a good time seeing your dad. Are you going to have that baby out in a week or two ?

Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover :D

·
Owner/Crew Chief
443 Posts
Yep. Its been welded up and remachined to accept standard 4 bolt loaders.
The old Berkeley low profile Super Jet R intake was cast with a four bolt loader socket and that is the one we're running. The loader socket dimensions are slightly smaller than other four bolt intakes, but, the hole positions are essentially the same.

I'm currently looking for one of the old Berk Super Jet R low profile intakes in good condition ... if anyone knows of one, or, has one they want to sell, PM me.

·
southwindsforsure
645 Posts
Here's what I made my copy from. I've tried all different types of blockers ie: angle, flat, tapered......this style worked the best for my placecraft. The leading edge of the grate is about 3/8" above the keel. I'll try to get some pics of the loader grate that I made and howit sits in the boat.....
which pc were you runnin with that loader-i have a 91 pc and lookin to possibly runnin a r intake

1 - 20 of 22 Posts