Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across a couple of these today. 108octane. Is there any harm in running this in my boat. Any motor changes I have to do. I have a couple options. Mix it with AV gas 100 octane or mix it with 91 octane. Which would be better ?
Thanks
Nate

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
avgas

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
i would run it rite out of the can...works for NASCAR, NHRA etc :)...why screw around mixing it!...prob mixing it would last longer!...if u mix it, i would go with 91/92 octane...cheaper & u still get 99/100 octane total...just my .02 cents

FastRat

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Watch your jetting I know av gas is gonna burn leaner, and I'm not smart enougph to know about the c12 If it's oxegynated(sp?) it may have jetting affects also. Do you still have that monster turbo motor/white eliminator? I thought I saw it on e-bay.? Just an fyi running a higher octaine than you need may cost you power.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Watch your jetting I know av gas is gonna burn leaner, and I'm not smart enougph to know about the c12 If it's oxegynated(sp?) it may have jetting affects also. Do you still have that monster turbo motor/white eliminator? I thought I saw it on e-bay.? Just an fyi running a higher octaine than you need may cost you power.
I here ya on the jetting. My tanks hold 15 gallons a piece. Now Im thinking of running 91 and mixing the 108. I only have 10 gallons of the 108. I think I will play it safe. Yep still have the turbo motor/eliminator!
Thanks for the input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts