Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
SLOW MEMBER
470 Posts
He probably had his good prop at home.:p At least that is the excuse around here.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Our old family boat was a Kona with a black max 200 merc on it. My dad would used to smoke a few jet boats back in the day. He never really cared for jet boats but he did have a thing for speed and he loved muscle cars. I think if he was still alive he would be really impressed with how far jet boats have come over the years.
Where I live there is a fishing lake. I used to get smoked all day long by thoughs weed whacker mudder-truckers! THAT was with my old boat. A Miller with a 455 Olds and Jacuzzi pump!
I haven't been out there with the new boat yet but I can't wait!
Congrats on beating that whacker down!

Nate

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
Grew up smoking bass-whackers, ususally run out about 1/4 mile ahead of them and turn arround.
They'd still be trying to get on plane.

It's a lot of fun.

I've flat out-topped a few too who rolled up next to me and waved to run 'em.

·
I'm No Expert
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well lets seee here shaun.

we know nothing about the boat you razed. no pikchures or videohs of anything no details on the outboard we only know you beat the dood.

hang on let me check.... yep im impressed. NOT!!!!!!!!!

I dont know anything about the out board, honestly one of those boats gets the same amount of attention as a deck boat going by filled with a bunch of dudes. :p

I've posted a couple video's and few pictures.

if you really want to know about what i have, Here's my build thread on my motor http://hotboat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126180

If you click my project link in my sig you can see all my pictures along the way.

I dont really understand why your being such a ***** i'm not claiming to be the fastest anything, never have. I've just really been enjoying this season and getting to run the boat and see what it will do. Guess i shouldnt be... :confused:

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
I dont know anything about the out board, honestly one of those boats gets the same amount of attention as a deck boat going by filled with a bunch of dudes. :p

I've posted a couple video's and few pictures.

if you really want to know about what i have, Here's my build thread on my motor http://hotboat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126180

If you click my project link in my sig you can see all my pictures along the way.

I dont really understand why your being such a ***** i'm not claiming to be the fastest anything, never have. I've just really been enjoying this season and getting to run the boat and see what it will do. Guess i shouldnt be... :confused:
Yes you should. You're running in the 80's with only 550 hp, correct? And no ride plate or shoe, correct? I wanna see how many more on here can claim the same. I know there are a few, but the majority cannot.

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
Bro, I'm all for the jets, but a nice OB can do 80 with allot less than 550hp.
Yea, I used to run 300 horse ones that claimed to run upper 70's.

That's when dad & I'd run about 1/4 mile out, turn arround, and run back to them, 'cause they were still trying to get that 26" prop to push it to the top of the water.

If you keep a friend or 2 with 2-stroke wackers arround, the mosquitos bother you a LOT less, kinda nice that way.

·
Lord of the Drinks
2,352 Posts
He chased me down, so i slowed, i was at 2500 rpm or so, not on plain, and i let him go first. I pulled on him pretty hard for the first few seconds, then slowly pulled away. I stayed into the throttle for a long time just to see if he would pass my top speed. Nope, smoked him :|err
Congrats!

·
two strokes is enough
2,042 Posts
Sure but how long does it take them to get there! I love acceleration!

I dont know how old this thread is since i just got on here today but there are many whackers that can run well over 80 and thats when they have 2 or 3 people in them with an ice chest full. and yah those do take some time to get going but then again you empty those same boats out and they will get to that 90 mph range damn quick just depends on the boat and what motor is on there youd be surprised

·
two strokes is enough
2,042 Posts
Sure but how long does it take them to get there! I love acceleration!

just for the record im not raining on your parade or anything i have no idea what your boat runs im just trying to prove a point that there are whackers out there that can run with some of the fast boats

·
NW Spectraholic
588 Posts
Gotta love it... you whacker guys are sooooo upset that a jet got by one of your kind you'll have a hard time sleeping tonight!!! :D

Congrats Shaun, if the boat was all that slow why did he want to race you? ;)

1 - 20 of 71 Posts