Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After having quite a few problems in the past it was nice to let it rip on Sunday.

Sunday morning we decided to add a few seconds of nitrous and add a little shoe. We dialed in a 7.42 and ran a 7.37 with a stumble. I was super stoked. Then we go out an hour later in 2800ft of air and go 7.32 to put a leg on the record.:)devil Now i am pumped up!!! Unfortunately the wind came up and we could only manage a 7.51 but thats fine. October we will try again.

Special thanks to Mike Miller the thing f-cking rips!!
Mike Flanagan for being the man as a crew chief never missing anything.
starky for giving advice and just being stark!:D
Jack at mpd. That just speaks for itself! your the man.
Jeff Bennet for all the help.
All of red cup 509 and gold cup bad ass weekend! See u in October.

Also good job Finny for getting in the 7's and Harris for running stout #s.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Joe congrats to you. That is the badest jet I have ever seen.

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
The 000 is unreal, nice job to everyone involved. I said it before and I'll say it again this boat has some serious potential.

Cant wait to see what goes down in October.

·
Registered
82 Posts
So how did it feel behind the wheel? Did you realize how quick you were going? Finish line must have been coming damn fast!

Circ

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So how did it feel behind the wheel? Did you realize how quick you were going? Finish line must have been coming damn fast!

Circ
It pulls really hard but when we dump the nitrous it feels kinda boring.:mad: Its a animal but it doesnt feel spooky or unsafe in any way.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I only saw that 7.3 pass from the start taking pics but glad to see you were wise to slow it down in the wind.

Pretty impressive run thats for sure but glad to see you know the limits and keeping it it safe by not pushing it to the max.Esp when you know you can break the record.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,102 Posts
Congrats Morgan,

You told me at Elsinore that you wanted to run a 7.40. Wow.

Congrats and good job.

Sleeper CP :D

·
steelcomp was here
26,529 Posts
Awsome, Joe. I remember the 8-oh in the gullwing..."you've come a long way, baby...":D:)devil

·
Pro Gas Jet
747 Posts
You created an Animal !!!!! nice job !!!! were all as stoked as you are !!!! Badd Ass !!!! :|err

·
Spiral out
1,545 Posts

Mostly I had everything I needed, when I needed it.:D Overall was muuuch better than the last race at Elsinore. (relieved)

Performance spoke for itself and it runs better down the track w/ the N2O than w/o.......and likely could dial in an 8.0 boat pretty easily.

The way the boat was setup during it's construction pretty much made it quick work to get it to the next round.;)

Too bad about the wind right at the end......would have been the quickest side by side ubfj pass to be run in quite awhile!

Winning ugly.......well......it's still a W!:)devil

Fine work by Red Cup/Gold Cup!.......and the performances this weekend by all the racers who found something good.:)

·
Registered
678 Posts
Good Job Joe & Crew!

The boat was insane and looked rock solid in every pass I saw. You got the tuck skills down for sure! The next few races are going to be amazing. Good Job!

·
Amber Racing Services
4,341 Posts
Joe ... I just have to say, your boat is absolutely amazing. That 7.32 pass was probably the quickest pass I've witnessed. I would love to see what it would do if you ran the No2 for the entire 1/4 mile.

Friggin SICK! Good job.

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
It pulls really hard but when we dump the nitrous it feels kinda boring.:mad: Its a animal but it doesnt feel spooky or unsafe in any way.
Joe , congrats on the run, you've obviously put together one hell of a program there. I'd love to see that thing make a pass.
If you dont mind, what kind of hull is that , who laid it up ?
Must be a hell of a rush :))THumbsUp

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Its a Cheyenne and I believe Phoenix Fiberglass laid it up. Jeff Bennet did the bottom and helped Jack at Mpd with some hardware selections. Other then that Jack at Mpd built and set up the boat.:)devil

Joe , congrats on the run, you've obviously put together one hell of a program there. I'd love to see that thing make a pass.
If you dont mind, what kind of hull is that , who laid it up ?
Must be a hell of a rush :))THumbsUp

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
:)devil got any pics joe? after thrashing to get my motor back together for last weekend's races, i left myself to broke to go to malvern:)st wanted to see you guys run!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts