Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never done any racing, but would love to experience at some point. Anyone have any advice or insight on where to even start? I'm just looking for fun here. My boat is slow and so am I lol. Maybe a stocker class or something. Also, any of you race guys got any good stories to share of you learning the ropes?? Memories, advice, and pics appreciated....

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
The NJBA would be a good place to start. They have classes for just about everyone. I'm sure one of them will chime in here soon. :))THumbsUp

What part of the country are you in?

·
Registered
379 Posts
If you live in California or near by come check out the NJBA. They have a River Racer class. It is just what your looking for. There's nothing to win in that class but way more to gain. I know the CDBA also has this class. I sure other organizations have something similar. Dont worry bout being the fastest guy the NJBA also has a class called "super eliminator" where you dial in your own times. If your boat runs a 14 sec 1/4 mile you could be paired with a 8 sec boat and have a great chance at winning.

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
The best thing to do is tow your boat to one of the shops near you that is involved in drag racing, you can go over anything the boat needs as far as changes to maybe make it legal. That way when you show up to the track your ready to go, much more enjoyable that way. Njba has all kinds of classes for new racers that's where we all started!

Chris

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im in socal, inland empire. That is a good idea, GS Marine is just down the way in Corona, Ca. Is there a rule book or anything I can look into also?

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Njbaracing.Org has a rulebook online. GS is into the racing he will get you going in the right direction, might call him they moved into a new shop recently.

Good luck hope to see you out there!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts