Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
767 Posts
You guys aren't very attentive today;):)hand This boat was posted about a week ago here on the PB Forums in the Boat Spam. Here's the link http://www.performanceboats.com//showthread.php?t=39833 It's been up for sale for quite a while. If I'm not mistaken, the boat is in Iowa

· Just Me
4,104 Posts
The last three times this boat has been posted up I've offered to go take pics if someone was seriously interested. I still will as it's only 3 hrs away and I have friends up that way just let me know. Has anyone spoken with the seller to find out what he's thinking dollar wise this time?

· Registered
23 Posts
ive never asked 25k for this boat......i was asking 20k and taking offers.....i really dont flip things....when i was a kid i would see sangers, coles, stevens, hondos etc. etc. running the mississippii river up here in iowa. one day a guy named skip ray gave me a ride in his orange and black sanger after that i was hooked. The best boat i ever saw was a Biesemeyer because of the way they turned and took off like a bullett and i told myself someday i would have one. over the years i looked at hundreds of river rat boats never finding the one i wanted. 30 years goes by and i see a ad in the west palm beach post. "v-drive boat for sale" i called the guy up his name was daryll shade and he was the manager for west palm beach yamaha dealer. i went to look at the boat and it was a off brand and i saw a boat in the corner of his garage. it had a nice canvas cover. i asked "whats that" he said "thats my Biesemeyer and ITS NOT FOR SALE" of course i said, "can i see it" he took off the cover. at that time ladys and gentlemen i had to have it. i asked him what he wanted for it.......again NOT FOR SALE! then thank god his wife came out and said...SELL IT ONE HAS TO GO!!!!...at that time i didnt have all the money... you see i wasnt looking to buy a Biesemeyer that day...so i asked him if i could make payments...WITH 8K down! he said yes...so i went home with a smile on my face and after a few months of dreaming of my baby i finally paid daryll shade off....and if hes reading this i want to say thanks again for this great boat....i took this old girl home in jupiter florida and for the next 2 months woke up around 2am to go out and just look at it...still SHOCKED i had it....well since there is not much of an areay to drive it in florida i took it back to my other shop in IOWA where it has been every since. 15 years later and im letting it go....thats my story and im going to miss the old girl and i will NOT own another....this is the best and now im spoiled. butch

3,185 Posts
ive never asked 25k for this boat......i was asking 20k and taking offers.....i really dont flip things....when i was a kid i would see sangers, coles, stevens, hondos etc. etc. running the mississippii river up here in iowa. one day a guy named skip ray gave me a ride in his orange and black sanger after that i was hooked. The best boat i ever saw was a Biesemeyer because of the way they turned and took off like a bullett and i told myself someday i would have one. over the years i looked at hundreds of river rat boats never finding the one i wanted. 30 years goes by and i see a ad in the west palm beach post. "v-drive boat for sale" i called the guy up his name was daryll shade and he was the manager for west palm beach yamaha dealer. i went to look at the boat and it was a off brand and i saw a boat in the corner of his garage. it had a nice canvas cover. i asked "whats that" he said "thats my Biesemeyer and ITS NOT FOR SALE" of course i said, "can i see it" he took off the cover. at that time ladys and gentlemen i had to have it. i asked him what he wanted for it.......again NOT FOR SALE! then thank god his wife came out and said...SELL IT ONE HAS TO GO!!!!...at that time i didnt have all the money... you see i wasnt looking to buy a Biesemeyer that day...so i asked him if i could make payments...WITH 8K down! he said yes...so i went home with a smile on my face and after a few months of dreaming of my baby i finally paid daryll shade off....and if hes reading this i want to say thanks again for this great boat....i took this old girl home in jupiter florida and for the next 2 months woke up around 2am to go out and just look at it...still SHOCKED i had it....well since there is not much of an areay to drive it in florida i took it back to my other shop in IOWA where it has been every since. 15 years later and im letting it go....thats my story and im going to miss the old girl and i will NOT own another....this is the best and now im spoiled. butch

Thats a pretty good story you have there. Good luck with the sale Butch

· Registered
16,527 Posts
so if i send you $8k can i make payments...cmon.:D

actually if i sold everything boat wise i have i might make 12k....

just cover it up and give me a month to sell my 2 boats and 1 427 motor i will be good to go..............:p

good luck with the sell.......great deal...........:D

· Just Me
4,104 Posts
It's a shame I never saw your boat up there when I was recruiting in Clinton. If you weren't in a hurry to get rid of it, it would by now have been sitting in my garage here in Keokuk. I did find an old Stevens left out by the road for sale near Princeton, so I bought it. It will slowly be restored while I like you did will keep looking for the perfect boat that fits the budget. I only saw a couple jets and 1 v-drive the 2 yrs I was up in Clinton. I still want to get the flat back up to LowMoor to be painted when it is ready for paint. Maybe someday, the small boats will catch back on out on the river.

· Registered
23 Posts
hello guys.......i would take 10k down and payments just like daryll did for me 15 years ago.......no long long term mortgage...........

Low moor?.........i bet you are talking about mikes body shop in low moor iowa....its funny because i had this Biesemeyer boat stored there for about a year until they were moving things around and put some scratches in a corvette i had stored out there as well.......at that time i told myself i had to build a shop in camanche and get my stuff out of there.......yea i think im about the only one up here who has a v-drive flatbottom .........some jets but not like it used to be.............butch

· Just Me
4,104 Posts
yep mike's is the place. Sorry to hear about the scratches on the vette. I hope he made it right. I know back in the day he was quite the drag boater in flats. If I get my other house sold before you sell your boat, I'll definately be giving you a call. Just bought a house with a shop and a barn so I can have all my toys at one place. If I could just teach those horses how to water ski I could have the best of both worlds. And the only time I ever saw a flat in Clinton was during riverboat days one made a drive by out on the river. And they have such beutiful flat friendly water up that way, for a river that is.
Glenn

· Registered
23 Posts
hello glenn...well good luck selling your other home.........the local MLS listing in clinton are up 40% over last year..........and dont get me started on the MLS in palm beach county florida............it has doubled......butch

K-33

im going to pull the boat out next week and give her a brazilian wax job....send me a email [email protected] and i will send you some other photos when i wax her.........and jeff coffee in lake worth florida built the engine about 15 years ago.......i dont know the breakdown on parts in the engine....jeff is known to be a good engine..........butch

· Just Me
4,104 Posts
Good thing the airport is only a couple miles down the road. And now that riverboat days are over the river should be sane enough to go play on. Man I must admit I'm jealous. Have fun on the spring run. :)devil

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.