Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cajun Member
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size angle did ya use for rails in those 18'-19' pickle forks (24 3/4" between stringers)

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
2 inch X .25 inch will do the job. You can go bigger if you want. Plates should be 3/8.

·
Cajun Member
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Brendellajet and Jrork.I'd like to go with 2 1/2 angle at least and am concerned with the minimum clearance needed between rails in a tunnel for correct motor plate mounting because the motor sits so low.Anyone know (about) what the minimum is needed between stringers in a tunnel/picklefork? (bbc with top mount starter set up) Thanks
SR

·
Registered
546 Posts
ihave made several rail kits for the warhawk boats both tunnel and gull wing , their stringers are set on 24in, spacing, i also opt to use the 2 1/2 aluminum angle. i do not have a clearance issue with them even with an oem located starter. if you use a top mount you should not encounter any clearance problems. i have a line drawing that shows the width of a bbc at the dowel pins as 15.38 wide approx. watch your oil pan clearance on the front of the pump intake. if you need any help pm me.

·
Registered
957 Posts
My stringers were 24" apart and with the motor hight my mini starter barely fit using 2" angle and my machanicle fuel pump wouldnt fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts