Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is it really necassary in this instance ?
NEW BUILD , Aluinum block, short deck 4.60 bore x 4.375 stroke purpose built nitrous engine, 400-500 on single shot. Profiler 2x4 tunnel ram & pair gary william carbs. Profiler 375cc heads. Wet sump. For me , the money was fine till we got to raised cam & extra work involved. Now I've just about priced myself out of a build. Engine will flash past 7000rpm. Should never see less than 7000 & no more than 7600rpm. Need to make peak power about 7200-7300.

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
That's OK...that bore on a 4.84 alum. block is sketchy at best, especially with power adders.
JMO

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
That's OK...that bore on a 4.84 alum. block is sketchy at best, especially with power adders.
JMO
Yeah it is. Its at least .025 farther than I would want to take one for a measly 7 extra inches.
Thanks , So when does it become necasary ?
Two reasons. The rods will hit the camshaft. You're a LOOOOONG ways from that, or your spinning some serious R's and trying to shorten the pushrods for strength and weight. 7300 is a LOOOOONG ways from that as well

Then there is always the BLING factor so that you can tell all your friends its a raised cam block.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts