Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Matt was a friend of my younger son. We had the pleasure of his company at the river. Please help with any driver/car info:

Sheriff's deputies looking for vehicle that killed pedestrian
Lori Consalvo, Staff Writer
Created: 08/24/2009 04:03:24 PM PDT

RANCHO CUCAMONGA - San Bernardino County sheriff's deputies are looking for the driver of a vehicle that struck and killed a 20-year-old man on Monday near Chaffey College.
Matthew Brian Ramirez of Rancho Cucamonga was found about 12:20 a.m. in the southbound lanes of Haven Avenue, north of Wilson Avenue, according to a sheriff's news release.

Ramirez was airlifted, with extensive injuries, to a local hospital. He was pronounced dead at 1:43 a.m., according to the news release.

Sheriff's deputies found out Ramirez had been at a pool party earlier that day at the Haven View Estates, about a half-mile north from where he was hit.

Ramirez got into an argument with other people at the party and decided to leave, according to the news release.

As he walked home to the 6000 block of Jasper Street - about two miles away - Ramirez was hit by the vehicle, according to the news release.

Investigators contend he was hit by a 2002 to 2004 gray or silver Toyota Camry or Solara, based on debris left at the scene.

Anyone with information about the hit-and-run can call (909) 477-2800.

·
Registered
205 Posts
What type of person is it that wouldn't stop and help the person they just hit? I'm sure it was an accident.
What comes around goes around
WTF?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What type of person is it that wouldn't stop and help the person they just hit? I'm sure it was an accident.
What comes around goes around
WTF?
Yup, could be an accident, apparently sidewalks are non-existant where he got hit....but still, not stopping is chicken shi>:|err

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let's hope it's not retaliation from the problem at the pool party. RIP
I heard that SBSO has ruled that out, as well as info I get that the party guys feel like crap about this...like, if we hadn't been arguing, Matt would still be alive....

·
Dreaming of snow
1,053 Posts
My parents have been talking about this quite a bit. They live in Haven View on Equine Pl. Unfortunately many people go to the top of Haven to get drunk in the mtn roads, and then go down the hill at 80+ mph. Its hard to stop going down that hill (Ive almost hit people going to this church there that run accross the street not thinking how long it will take a dually to stop). Ive seen the news guys out there, but with this area being a more secluded area of Rancho, chances are no one saw it at that time of night. I hope they catch whoever it was, its sad deal for sure.

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Very sad to hear! WTF is wrong with people not stopping? They're more worried about getting a DUI than killing someone??? Doesn't make sense to me :)sphss

Let's hope they catch the driver involved!

That's exactly why people would run. Our court system has made it that a DUI might be worth fleeing over.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I was thinking if a lot of y'all could call the daily bulletin and ask for a follow up story to keep this in the minds of a lot more folks...

Thanks...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts