Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Islander Transient
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel bad about this because I saw it happen. Pulled in to the parking structure about 1:50 on Saturday. As I was making my way up the levels we passed a brand new Range Rover in a parking stall with a truck parked behind it. The Range Rover was being jacked up and it looked like they were fixing a flat.

I didn't think much of it until I left the show and the owner of the RR was talking to the cops. The RR was left on blocks. I pulled over and told the owner and the cops what I saw, but unfortunatly the only solid details I could provide were that I pulled in the parking structure at 1:50 and when I passed them the RR had all the wheels on the driver's side of the vehicle.

In talking with the owner is sounded like he pulled in 5 minutes before me so I'm guessing the guys that stole the wheels followed him in and knew he'd be at the show for a couple hours.

Anyone see anything suspicious. South parking structure, level 2 about 1:50p on Saturday.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
ODD, in such a stellar part of town too;) No security there or just too many cars and trucks to watch?? NSF

·
Islander Transient
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ODD, in such a stellar part of town too;) No security there or just too many cars and trucks to watch?? NSF
Odd considering it was in a parking structure with a steady stream of cars passing by and people all over the place. I would have never suspected they would be so brazen to commit a crime in that environment. Side street with minimal visibility, yes; 6 story parking structure broad daylight with cars filing in and people milling about, no.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Odd considering it was in a parking structure with a steady stream of cars passing by and people all over the place. I would have never suspected they would be so brazen to commit a crime in that environment. Side street with minimal visibility, yes; 6 story parking structure broad daylight with cars filing in and people milling about, no.
They got balls no doubt. We had a job in So Central and while were eating lunch one day the foremans truck was parked across the street, we saw 2-3 younguns lift some tools out of his truck and he yelled at them to stop, they did, just stood there throwin gang signs and simulating shooting a hand gun at him. Descretion is the better part of valor, so we hailed down a cop and he said that was the smart way to handle it. Of course they continued on their way with some tools needless to say:mad:
They really arent afraid of being caught, especially by the PoPo, much less a citizen, sad but true!! NSF

·
Registered
3,364 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
When your in LA, you have to piss on your wheels to let the other dogs know they belong to you.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The parking structure should have a security camera of the entrance/exit. Hopefully with your vehicle description and the timeframe they can narrow it down...

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
My guest is its was probably best to move along, better then reading about a dead guy trying to stop someone taking some wheels.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Exactly what I was thinking. Although, might have been good to try and get a license plate number and hope that vehicle wasnt stolen either.

My guest is its was probably best to move along, better then reading about a dead guy trying to stop someone taking some wheels.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Football

Gee, I wonder why the two NFL teams left LA?........Could it be that the fans liked to keep their wheels?.......And anything else they may have left in their cars, so they stayed away?...............MP

·
Registered
407 Posts
As we were walking out of the elevator, Riverroyal says jokingly "I bet my rims got ripped off..". Get to the car and start to drive off and one floor below us we see the RR and two cops talking to the owner(s). paper plates on the RR, too. Brand new!!

Fucking thieves!!!

·
The King
1,107 Posts
Don't they have lug nut locks on wheels anymore (I don't, but I'm not rollin' with 26" wheels either), or does that not change anything?

Just wondering.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My brother and I saw it around 7 pm. We arrived a little after 3 pm and didn't notice the RR. Here is what the 5th level looked like when we arrived and it was the same when we left.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Amazing to hear that they did this in broad daylight.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
on a ford focus in compton,,,,
Remember the little stickers with initials that people used to put on their cars indicating thier hometown, HB for obviously Huntington beach, LB for Long beach ETC. One of the guys I used to work with had one on his car and it read something like this, "CPT" Compton "Where people steal yo shit" classic. ;) Take heed where you are in this world. NSF

1 - 20 of 33 Posts