Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does or has anybody towed a 25' boat with one? The good and the Bad. Just thinking of changing. I tow with a GMC Denali Truck it works great but mileage is getting up. trips to the river.
Donnie

·
Registered
884 Posts
Depends on the boat. Looking at the specs, I would pass unless I only had short trips (to/from Havi house to ramp) with towing the boat.

GVWR = 6769
Max Trailer Weight = 7715
Max tongue = 551

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Basically speaking, SUV's with independent rear suspension, suck at towing. All of the suspension parts are rubber mounted, and with all of the movement, it feels as if something is broke in the rear suspension. I was with a buddy trying to tow his 24 footer with a 2005 Navigator. That thing was all over the place. I happen to tow with an 01' Navigator,( last year with solid rear axle) and it's night and day better.

Darrell.

·
Registered
404 Posts
we've had one and my dad is a general contractor and he has pulled our hallett vector and bob cats before, in my opinion it pulls great and with the great breaks it already has i would say it would be fine. just my .02 on another note everything besides towing seemed to have problems. dad went back to a pick up lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts