Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if I can remove my ratchet, reinstall the bearing cap and the driveshaft.
I don't know what modifications are made to the shaft during the ratchet installation.
I need more engine clearance....

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Does anyone know if I can remove my ratchet, reinstall the bearing cap and the driveshaft.
I don't know what modifications are made to the shaft during the ratchet installation.
I need more engine clearance....

Thanks!
Depends on what kind of ratchet, you'll need to move the engine back about appox. 3" or have a drive shaft made 3" longer, which ever fits your needs.
But yes, you can remove the jetaway and reinstall the bearing cap. Not so with the Dons pump release.

·
Registered
546 Posts
you can remove the ratchet and reinstall the bearing cap , if it is one of hi-tech ratchets it does not require any shaft modifications.

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Your suction seal was likely installed backwards when the jetaway was installed just so you know.

I think its around 4" with a jetaway.

Chris

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ratchet

Thanks Guys,

I need to move the engine back at least 4". I suspect the engine was set further forward as it had a pretty healthy turbo motor in it.
Judging from the hardware I'd say someone was racing....lol. I am going to sacrifice the ratchet as I don't think TX-20's have a shutdown problem and I am
not going racing. At least my TX-18 never had a shutdown problem. I'll be keeping it below a hundred anyway as I am too old for this...hahaha. Just helping my 14 year old build a blower motor like I used to when I was a kid. Thanks again!

·
"Need For Speed"
1,210 Posts
Thanks Guys,

I need to move the engine back at least 4". I suspect the engine was set further forward as it had a pretty healthy turbo motor in it.
Judging from the hardware I'd say someone was racing....lol. I am going to sacrifice the ratchet as I don't think TX-20's have a shutdown problem and I am
not going racing. At least my TX-18 never had a shutdown problem. I'll be keeping it below a hundred anyway as I am too old for this...hahaha. Just helping my 14 year old build a blower motor like I used to when I was a kid. Thanks again!
On Alky,

You had not mentioned what type of boat you had, etc. A TX-20, even with a mild performance engine, will perform better with the engine a few inches forward. View this thread from a few weeks ago: http://www.performanceboats.com/jet-boats/98165-tx20-motor-placement.html

·
"BEER BUDGET RACING"
3,621 Posts
Thanks Guys,

If youre selling the ratchet, I know a guy looking for one.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
motor placement

On Alky,

You had not mentioned what type of boat you had, etc. A TX-20, even with a mild performance engine, will perform better with the engine a few inches forward. View this thread from a few weeks ago: http://www.performanceboats.com/jet-boats/98165-tx20-motor-placement.html
Yea, the boat already has 4 inches added to the driveshaft which is about what I had in my old TX-18. With the ratchet, it appears to be about 8 inches forward.
I am hoping that the 4 inch driveshaft will be enough for the backseat to clear the blower belt. Thanks for the info..

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Thanks Guys,

So how much do you want for it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts