Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Restoring a 65 Raysoncraft - now has a BBC 2x4bbl Brodix BB2 Xtra. Can't get much throw on the cavitation plates as I'm converting from a frozen electric unit to a lock out handle. REALISTICALLY what would you recommend as minimum throw at the end of the cav plates (its only 3/8" now)? Not going to race it...will pull skiers.

Thanks!

·
Village Idiot
3,453 Posts
3/8 might be enough depending on the boat setup and power. True, 3/4 would be great but honestly for a True ski boat you don’t need that much. Post pictures of the whole setup and we can help you find where you can get more.

Paul

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3/8 might be enough depending on the boat setup and power. True, 3/4 would be great but honestly for a True ski boat you don’t need that much. Post pictures of the whole setup and we can help you find where you can get more.

Paul
Thanks for the info - I have the geometry all optimized (swinging thru 90 degrees etc). I'll tighten it all up and possibly drill a new hole in the lockout handle to gain some more throw. Wanted to ensure that I didn't need over an inch - that would be an entirely different problem! Hopefully the pictures come through...and what's up with the ski tow? Bought it as "Chevy" at a swap meet...context - I bought this boat for $500 a few years ago...
IMG_4204.jpg
IMG_4205.jpg
IMG_4206.jpg
IMG_4207.jpg

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts