Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We fabbed up a new rail kit for RCB's 19' Rogers, this thing came out insane! We made up a fixture that lines up the engine with the jet-drive, worked out real good. I'm real happy with the way it turned out, it should look awesome once polished and anodized. Motor placement is the same as Fuelinmyveins Rogers, that one seems to work good so we set this one up the same. Here are some pics....

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Looks really nice.

Whats up with the spacer in the driveline, can you run it that way?

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks really nice.

Whats up with the spacer in the driveline, can you run it that way?
Yes you can run it that way, its just an aluminum spacer to lenghten the driveline, I'm not a huge fan of that setup but it works. I think RCB is going to weld in a small center section rather than run the aluminum spacer, that u-joint is actually off a different boat.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
yes. Roger put those in quite a few of his hulls.

hillbillys........Sano!
did they really help it in the turns or was it for direction control? i see em from time to time but i hear it both ways.

·
TEN THIRTY ONE
1,293 Posts
Thanks for the props. It was a time consuming project but well worth it in the end. You find out quickly how un-straight a fiberglass boat can be once you get into it. I had some great coaching through this deal and I can't thank them enough for that. I'm stoked and cant wait to shake it down.

Balls yes that plate in the bilge is where a turn fin once was. I took it out when Bennett did the bottom and now its just a plug. The floor will be coming out next season.

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bizz your stoked,everything looks insane.

when the boats floating on the anchor this season all the hard work will pay off and then some. nice job on everything, thats going to be one bad ass Rogers.

The woods/rcb showdown will be off the hook. 2 big HP rogers pairing off on the river at sundown racing for bragging rights. :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
Great job boys! Making the best of the winter months I see. It's gratifying when you fab it yourself; isn't it. Love the slot layout and FSH stringer bolts.

db

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Great looking rail kit. Are there any problems that can be associated with a two piece front plate vs a single continuous plate that is cut out under the balancer? I've seen them both ways and have never heard of any real problems with the individual plates. I def like the look of the two pieces up front. Looks great!!!!!!!!

·
Amber Racing Services
4,339 Posts
Great looking rail kit. Are there any problems that can be associated with a two piece front plate vs a single continuous plate that is cut out under the balancer? I've seen them both ways and have never heard of any real problems with the individual plates. I def like the look of the two pieces up front. Looks great!!!!!!!!
There is really no need for a single piece front plate ... the engine block isn't going to flex (I hope :)sphss )

a lot of the Top Alcohol motors out there with a ton of HP use 2 piece front plates as well ...

super clean Ross, I like it.

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No problems with the 2 piece plate setup. The front plates just hold the engine up, the rear plate does most of the work.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts