Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Real Housewives' seeking 'big personalities'
Thanks but no thanks, several Coto de Caza women say.
By MARK EADES
The Orange County Register

COTO DE CAZA – "The Real Housewives of Orange County" may be looking for new faces to take part in a potential Season 5 of the series, but several Coto de Caza women said they have no interest in answering a casting call next week.

Coto served as ground zero in the first season, and much of the action since has been centered there. Some said it's not a realistic portrayal of the life of women in Orange County, while others would rather just watch.

"I wouldn't want the invasion of privacy," said Seema Chiodo, a member of Coto's Moms Club. "They don't portray the ideals, morals and values that real housewives have."

Andrea Owen, a delegate for the CZ Master Association in Coto de Caza, says it's more fun to sit back and enjoy.

"My life is really nice right now," said Owen. "We have so much fun making fun of the women and it wouldn't be the same if I was on it."

Others said they do not represent the lifestyle the show needs.

"I'm too much of a New Englander, I'm far too frugal to be on the show," said Donelle Koselka, who lives in the Village area of Coto de Caza. "I really think they should target Newport Beach this time around. I'm sure they could find some excellent choices there."

Kathleen French, one of the series' executive producers, said there are no preconceived ideas of where any potential new cast members live in Orange County.

"We're looking for women who are ready, willing and able to live their in front of the cameras," said French. "And that includes their immediate families."

French added that casting decisions are based on disposition and personality.

"These are self-made people," said French. "These are women (on the show) who found their way in the world."

After some initial reports surfaced on a variety of Internet fan sites, Bravo TV confirmed there would be a casting call for a potential season five of the series from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday, April 2 at South Coast Plaza.

French works for the production company and said Bravo TV would make any final casting decisions for season five, which has not been officially announced as going forward at this point.

"We're being preemptive with the network," she added.

Scott Dunlop, the series' creator and executive producer, who lives in Coto de Caza, said it takes a certain kind of personality to want to star in the show.

"They're looking for individuals that have big personalities and are comfortable in their own skin," said Dunlop.

Dunlop, who also works as Chief Executive Officer of The Dunlop Group, a media and alternative energy company, thinks the show gives audiences, particularly women, a look at something they want.

"It is a series that's a back of the looking glass view that viewers are able to look in on the lives of people that have relatable conflicting issues," he said.

Dunlop said the show is real, not scripted.

"We're not going to tell them how to act," said Dunlop. "When they show up as themselves in this program it is their free will as they are."

When asked if his wife Gail would be on the show, Dunlop said, "I call my wife the 'original real housewife.'"

"I would like to be on the show," said Gail. "But I couldn't have him (Scott) be on the show."

·
Registered
537 Posts
They should develope a show called "The Real Housewives of Parker", !!! In the summer, wow, that would be a very fun show to watch!!!

·
Passin Glass
2,825 Posts
All they need to do is get Ratso in there..and once all of them are notches ....let the fireworks begin:p

·
Registered
953 Posts
They should develope a show called "The Real Housewives of Parker", !!! In the summer, wow, that would be a very fun show to watch!!!
I really can't see my self watching the real housewives of CRIT....just go to Safeway or Woody's and you have reality....no need to record it.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
All they need to do is get Ratso in there..and once all of them are notches ....let the fireworks begin:p
I haven't seen but one I'd want, and Jay won't ever say if that piece of ass would even be worth the plane trip...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts