Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Village Idiot
3,464 Posts
I have only done one, but I did not have any problems with it leaking. It was pretty strait forward and easy to use. Anyway, that is my half of a cent worth of input.

Paul

·
It's what we do
723 Posts
I have done 5 or 6 with no problems. It's just like anything else, spend the time to seal and install it correctly. Pin it and stagger the seal from the adapter joints just like you would in a normal Mark IV block.

·
It's what we do
723 Posts
Got the joint stagger, but what is " pin it "
We use 2 roll pins in the top and bottom to help keep the adapter in place. Sort of like making it a part of the block. I also use loctite 5900 to seal it to the block. Make sure you file it after installation to make the surface does not stick up past the block or main cap.
I edited my first post so you didn't think I was saying to stagger the adapter joint. It has to be flush with the block.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Building a low budget 523. 2 piece crank in gen6 block. What you think? Do they leak? Special tips?
Stef's makes the seal adapter, It is available from Rex Marine. We sell several hundred a year of these and they work very well with little issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts