Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any body have a rear swim platform they wanna get rid of, seeins how the eliminators allready a family boat with the open bow, might as well do a swim platform for my six year old little girl.........:D

·
Registered
167 Posts
Swim steps

A couple of years ago I made two nice sized swim steps out of 3/8 Aluminum for my southwind daycruiser, I sold the southwind and never put them on.

I will have to get you measurements, but I want to say they are at least 18 inches wide and 12 inches or more deep. They are slotted for traction and all edges (including the slots) were rounded with a 1/4 round router bit. They are bare aluminum, so you could have them painted, annodized, or powder coated any color you want to match your boat. I was going to have them powder coated with a texture or rhino lined to help with the slipperyness. All you would have to do is buy brackets to mount on the transom.

They are not a full width swim platform, but very nice steps and would look better than a swim platform and be lighter in weight.

If you are interested I'll try and find them this weekend and send you a picture. Let me know.

AIO

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
I have a mold for this style, this is one of the last ones I layed up. its
a splash of a Kona one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts