Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
BTC cardcarrying member
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to recall being told Roller Lifters are rebuildable...Crane,Comp,Lunati,Crower...?Does any one know?I have 2 sets ,one, that I replaced with a new set.Looking to do another motor and want to try the rebuild scenario.Thanks,Jack....OK ,maybe Im cheap...

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
I seem to recall being told Roller Lifters are rebuildable...Crane,Comp,Lunati,Crower...?Does any one know?I have 2 sets ,one, that I replaced with a new set.Looking to do another motor and want to try the rebuild scenario.Thanks,Jack....OK ,maybe Im cheap...
Done all the time.

·
BTC cardcarrying member
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Roller Lifters

So...Who is doing them...Where do I send them,Does any body do all lifters ,or are they manufacturer specific? Im not sure who made the two sets I have.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts

I have Isky Red Zone roller lifters and Isky rebuilds them. Check out the link...

http://www.iskycams.com/904.php

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
So...Who is doing them...Where do I send them,Does any body do all lifters ,or are they manufacturer specific? Im not sure who made the two sets I have.
Now that's a problem...

Can you post a picture of them ?

Sleeper CP :D

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Maybe?

Maybe? I use to make them for Harleys. (Jim's Machining in Camarillo). I believe the axle crimping makes them difficult to disassemble. Not all brands.......The perpendicularity of the axle to the lifter body is critical. We held .0004 or better. .0005 were given to sponsored drag racers, and anything more was scrap.......Also, technology is constantly changing, usually for the better. Step up and buy a new set from a reputable manufacturer. They last a long time when used with a rev kit...............Ray

My personal choice is Crower, lifters and rockers, but there are a lot of good ones out there...........

·
Banned
540 Posts
I know that Crane and Erson don't rebuild them anymore. If you send them to Crane, they will inspect them and tell you if they're alive or dead- and then try to sell you a new set.

RR :D

·
Banned
1,263 Posts
Thru drag racing and street racing days, I've seen way too many forks spread over time to feel comfortable with having the lifters rebuilt. Call me paranoid :D, but I'd rather treat these as throw away items. You can't rebuild metal fatigue. And no, I'm not made of money.

·
BTC cardcarrying member
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rebuilt Roller Lifters

I have contacted lots of cam comanies today,They say ...NOT...
i have decided to purchase new shit...I am way skeered of buying either used,or used with "GOOD-TO GO" rating...Thanks for all the input guys...Merry Christmas!!!!!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
We did some testing on a set of Crowers SBC,we had real good luck with them,Sent them back with 12k miles on them, they keep them and sent us another set, I don't know who's making them for them now,Ive heard theres only 2 manufactures that make the lifter parts and the cam company's assemble them to sell. I think Morel is making his on and have heard there the top of the line,Ive been told he will rebuild his?

Also 9 years ago Crower rebuilt a set of HYD BBC lifters for us at NC.I don't think its cost effective now, just buy a new set.

Crane buys parts also and assembles them.There HYD roller are the ones Im running now.

Isky Red's Ive heard are close to a Morel;)

They race stuff may be made here but I know that Lanita and Comp import alto:(

Give Bob Madera at Marine Kinetics, 586-654-8583 a try,He's a Morel dealer.

Rob:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts