Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just told that the promoter for Red Bluff is liquidating. He's done! Anybody want to be a promoter?

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
He's done! Anybody want to be a promoter?
That sucks. I know they had to take a huge hit with the rainout weekend this year.

This could be trouble for the future of Red Bluff race site even if someone else steps in ...no?

·
Distinguished Member
5,782 Posts
Well crap... I guess this means my "rain checks" for next year are no good :)sphss

Seriously, if it's true I hope someone picks this date up. Red Bluff is synomnous with drag boat racing here in NorCal.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The dam is going to be destroyed so it really doesn't matter.
From what I understand from Ali's friend(my father-in-law) is....Washington is moving slow...with some luck could have another year or two. The dam issue is just one the reasons he's throwing in the towel.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Man, that's a bummer:mad:!!! One of my favorite places to race!!!

·
a.k.a WHIPLASH #180
1,099 Posts
WOW, If this is true, that's a big F'you to all the racers from Ali. After everyone raised their hand to pay a second entry fee to "SUPPORT" Ali and him standing there and telling everyone he "WILL" be back!!!!:D

·
Precision Craft Marine
1,563 Posts
Canoe, You took the words right out of my mouth. I still can not see how the racers fell for that bullshit at RedBluff. I said it then, and I will say it now, Those guys fuc-ed us racers. We do have NJBA, and thats where I'm racing. And if the IHBA regulars do not think the NJBA is not competitve enough, than you are fooling yourself.The CDBA is also a great club, and I will spend my money with them too.

·
Distinguished Member
5,782 Posts
WOW, If this is true, that's a big F'you to all the racers from Ali. After everyone raised their hand to pay a second entry fee to "SUPPORT" Ali and him standing there and telling everyone he "WILL" be back!!!!:D
OK, likely shouldn't re-open this subject, but the bottom line is "everyone" didn't raise their hands... just the few closest to the discussion (the ones that could hear)... I was there, didn't get to vote cause I couldn't hear the discussion... it was only after the fact when I heard WTF happened... no way I would have voted the way it went.... at this point though, it's water under the bridge. I gave all my tickets to a couple clients and made more $$ off that than if I'd saved them for next year anyway.

Canoe, You took the words right out of my mouth. I still can not see how the racers fell for that bullshit at RedBluff. I said it then, and I will say it now, Those guys fuc-ed us racers. We do have NJBA, and thats where I'm racing. And if the IHBA regulars do not think the NJBA is not competitve enough, than you are fooling yourself.The CDBA is also a great club, and I will spend my money with them too.
Joe, you are right... NJBA rocks. I wouldn't have built a boat if I didn't think NJBA's program was heading in the right direction. Had I not blown my chit up in Chowchilla, I would have gone to Dexter the next weekend and supported CDBA.
That said, my personal perspective is I want drag boat racing to succeed in Nor Cal as well. I may not have agreed with how it went down in RB, but I'll continue to race IHBA and support it as well. Anyone that tries to put on a ligitment drag boat show, I'll be there. Chowchilla is my "home" track and I'll race anyone's show there... RB the same deal.
Certainly, I don't have a lot of history with current IHBA management, but I've got no complaints about how I was treated at Chowchilla. They went out of their way to be helpful and work with me.
At any rate, I respect what you're doing with the 8.0 deal in NJBA. We'll be there to support NJBA and any other sanctioning body in CA. In the meantime, we'll keep banging on our tune up until we can race with the 8.0guys... We need more flatties in 8.0 to keep the hydros in check :)
See ya'll in Bakersfield....

·
Precision Craft Marine
1,563 Posts
Dave, you have a better additude than I about this, and in all fairness, you are right. I guess that I feel like a worn out shoe. The bottom line here is good things happen to good people, and we are surrounded by some not so good people. Also, In all fairness, If I could see the end coming, I guess I would bail too, with the exception of at least a good party. See you in Bakersfield.:)hand

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Would suck to see that race go.I got to race there in 06 and it was the best event we attended.The show and shine was awesome then being on the rope and looking down and seeing the crowd size was another thing.Was the first itme i had seen so many people from the rope

But what happened to the racers the last event was BS imo.they basically put money in the promoters pocket and made him some more the next weekend while some of the racers struggle to make these events.Hopefully this race can be saved or dragboat racing may be a thing of the past.Or this can give njba a chance to go thruought the state to different venues.

·
Registered
146 Posts
there was a reply over at dragboatracing that said ali will be back they is water issues but he has not quit. if something goes bad he should know by november

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Dave, you have a better additude than I about this, and in all fairness, you are right. I guess that I feel like a worn out shoe. The bottom line here is good things happen to good people, and we are surrounded by some not so good people. Also, In all fairness, If I could see the end coming, I guess I would bail too, with the exception of at least a good party. See you in Bakersfield.:)hand
Hi Joe...... From what I understand... Ali lost a fairly substantial amount of money last year at Red Bluff and Chowchilla a couple years back. He truly puts his heart and check book into that event(almost to a flaw). That's why the event is so great. I believe if it was his choice.....he'd be back next year!

PS.....Hope everything is going great!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts