Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put these Rewarder ceramic headers on and ran it today. The black Bassets I had didn't blow out red puffs but these do as you will see in the video.

Could it be because of rust inside the headers that just needs to .... to .... ??? what have enough exhaust go through to blow it all out???

Ideas?

Sorry bout the crappy quality

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Just put these Rewarder ceramic headers on and ran it today. The black Bassets I had didn't blow out red puffs but these do as you will see in the video.

Could it be because of rust inside the headers that just needs to .... to .... ??? what have enough exhaust go through to blow it all out???

Ideas?

Sorry bout the crappy quality

I wouldn.t lose any sleep over it, I more concerned about running a engine in the cold weather. did you HEAT THE OIL UP???

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Don't know about the red stuff, but, I'd be more concerned about all the white stuff on the ground. WTH is it? :p
That year round ground cover in Wasilla. If it gets a little thin, you just turn on your sprinklers for a few minutes and it comes right back.:thumb:

I had that last year it went away pretty quick ,probably chased the large mice away huh?
figures you would have it too. Must be a phenom you only see when you engine is stored at -30[SUP]o[/SUP] for 10 months a year.

I take it you are very good about draining the block, and that isn't rusty STEAM shooting out the exhaust.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I wouldn.t lose any sleep over it, I more concerned about running a engine in the cold weather. did you HEAT THE OIL UP???
The boat lives in a 70 degree shop, I'm assuming the oil was 70 degrees since the boat hasn't been outta the shop for two or three weeks. I pulled it out into 43 degree weather and in less than 10 minutes it was running. Warmed it up to 150 before I ever got past 3,000 rpm .... hope that's warm enough

Attachments

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I take it you are very good about draining the block, and that isn't rusty STEAM shooting out the exhaust.
This boat will never see temps lower than 70 in my shop and summers here are 70+ and yes, I will drain the block at summers end.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts