Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 70 stevens looking for somebody in las vegas that has knowledge and can help me set up the boat. The boat is in good condition just looking for somebody that can relocate the engine and v-drive. Then redo the gelcoat or paint it not sure which yet. The specs of boat are 19'6" has a 400 sbc engine to transom is at 29" and casale v-drive at 78 1/2" from transom to center mounting plate. Reason for moving everything foward is that I have to use a lot of plate to keep the bow from going up and down. Here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Just Me
4,107 Posts
Nice looking Stevens. Have you had it long? If you move the engine way up you'll loose the back seat room. You'll also more than likely need to get a new driveshaft, change the strut angle, new shaft log and a few other things. How fast are you wanting it to go?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Dave Sammons here on the board does the best riggin and Bily b does the restorations. between the 2 they could make it look like new. It already looks pretty good though.. Try a new prop before you change anything. Those boats always bounced to get top speed just the way they used to be , but a new prop might change all that. Along w the correct plate adjustment. Sundancer PC 88 here on the board used to race those hulls back in the day .. He can help w set up. He's over there in Vegas. I go back and fourth a lot .I could bring your boat over here to cali or somthing .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought the boat about 3 months ago sat in a garage for 5 yrs. The woman I bought it from said the engine was just rebuilt and ran once at the lake before her husband past away 5yrs ago and was parked. Took the boat home cleaned it up and drained the tanks. Ran it at the river a few times ran like 58mph w/ carb problems but had to push real hard on the plates to keep from porposing. really felt like the transom was dragging. Looking to pull the engine rebuild for 500hp and change the prop and get setup right then paint and interior. I would like to get the boat in the 80's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts