Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone have any tips for reinstalling the intake in the bottom of the boat. I already have the epoxy stuff to do it with and the boat and intake are prepped. I'm just not sure how to apply the epoxy to seal it properly. Any advice will HELP.
See The Build pictures on my profile page, to see what stage of the process I'm at.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are the pictures of my current progress.

Attachments

·
BTC cardcarrying member
1,942 Posts
Maybe Hammerdown will post his pics and write up he did a nice job :D

Have the intake cut for a shoe and ride plate first you will be happy you did in the long run

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
Have the intake cut for a shoe and ride plate first you will be happy you did in the long run
I'd agree with this statement. It'd be almost crazy not to have the machine work done for shoe and rideplate now that it's out.

If don't do it now and decide to at a later date, it'll have to come out again.

Hammer's pictures were real good if he's still got em, but included a setback. Not sure if he'd want or need a setback.

Here's a thread from banderlog where fleetimus did his.

setting the intake and other stuff

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fleetimus needs to post some pics of the process of sealing it. I am confident that mine is setting exactly as it was when I pulled it out because I put the set screws in the same position that they were in when I pulled it out. I am unsure about sealing it. I've been told by others to put the stuff in a ziploc bag and cut the tip off and apply it like cake icing.:)Unsure
Thanks.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have the advantage of having a large amount of professional jet boat builders in my area like you guys in the west. If I did I would consult a professional directly, but I would still do it myself, you learn more that way, and save vast amounts of money.:D

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
I don't have the advantage of having a large amount of professional jet boat builders in my area like you guys in the west. If I did I would consult a professional directly, but I would still do it myself, you learn more that way, and save vast amounts of money.:D
I'm with ya there and try to do most of my own work. In my mind the intake is such a critical part that without someone giving me detailed instructions I just won't mess with it.

Here's a link to a diagram from the Berkeley page.

Berkeley intake installation

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got that page printed out, but I've never really sat down to take a good look at it and try to understand it. But, I will try to make some sense of it with relation to my situation. Thanks.

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Did you find the four corner bolt hole that are threaded, these are used to hold the intake in position, while the epoxy cures.

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
Holy crap! I can't believe how much material is in that boat. The transom looks to be about 3" thick and the glass in the bottom 1" or so, and 2" stringers?

That thing has to weigh a ton.

What's the scoop on that boat Tom? Ex-icebreaker off the great lakes or something?

·
Registered
557 Posts
I can hear these guys building this boat in my Head:

Yaaaa Sven, Dis boot vill 'ave plenty strong! Meebe ve shood vrun et mit de ten boots in der Nord country?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Holy crap! I can't believe how much material is in that boat. The transom looks to be about 3" thick and the glass in the bottom 1" or so, and 2" stringers?

What's the scoop on that boat Tom? Ex-icebreaker off the great lakes or something?
LMAO :)hand Squirtcha that was an Jet boat went eggbeater went eggbeater Again :D

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
It was frikken "studly" how they jury rigged that whacker delio on the back of this thing (we use it for a wheel chock) :D BTW Hawaiin sorry for the thread jack

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

That is how thick everything is on my boat. Maybe I should put some close ups of the intake area on here, instead of those long distance shots I took. My boat has stringers all over the place, it's sturdy as an icebreaker. And it needed to be, you should here some of the stories I've heard about things that have happened to me boat when they got to drunk. It's been through hell. It's even been on fire before, but you would never be able to tell unless I told you.

It was frikken "studly" how they jury rigged that whacker delio on the back of this thing (we use it for a wheel chock) :D BTW Hawaiin sorry for the thread jack

I think it's awful what they did to that poor, unsuspecting jet boat. It was such a nice boat until they did all that shit to it and slapped that big ugly monster on the back of it.
I've seen the light, that is jet boating, and I ain't ever going back.

Alright, here are some pictures of the underside of my intake. Please tell me if anything looks wrong about it. I would really appreciate it, thank you. Sorry if the pictures are hard to see, there is very little room for me under the boat.

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
Have you got any pictures of just the intake? In your pictures it looks like the fins are not the same. It may be and optical illusion, but it looks like the left fin is much smaller than the right fin, a standard intake the fins will be the same.

Doug

1 - 20 of 43 Posts