Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Can I get some pics of the way you guys set up your pressure relief valves and regulators. Getting sick of all the milkshake issues:( I know this is kind of a hot topic as some believe these are not necessary and that's cool I get it. Not really looking to start any debates I was just trying to get some pics of how you guys are plumbing these things.

·
Registered
206 Posts
try running 2 dumps. it worked for me . i didnt have water in the oil but when i stomped on it the pressure would shoot way up. also i ended up putting a valve on one dump and closeing it just a little bit so i had enuff pressure to get headers wet

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
try running 2 dumps. it worked for me . i didnt have water in the oil but when i stomped on it the pressure would shoot way up. also i ended up putting a valve on one dump and closeing it just a little bit so i had enuff pressure to get headers wet
So you just split the dump coming off the block with a tee? Then pop another hole in the back of the boat to dump.

·
Administrator
16,888 Posts
Almost everything here turns into a pissing match. Do you have space between the pump water outlet and transom?

·
Registered
206 Posts
So you just split the dump coming off the block with a tee? Then pop another hole in the back of the boat to dump.
sorry forgot to add that i put a thermostat kit in and ran the two dumps off of that. her is a pic. im still saving up for braided line but this works too

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,888 Posts
I put a t in the pump outlet and a relief valve there before it gets into the boat. I used an Enderle relief valve. Just let it blow out.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I got the idea from Widetrack, who isnt on the boards much anymore, but he hooked me up with a watts style regulator. it is a dead head water pressure regulator I put a pressure gauge in the intake to watch the psi. I welded a bulkhead fitting in my pump brace (scott seastrom idea) and mounted it there. -10 line for the whole system, in and out, one single dump. oils been clean so far. my last set up was a bypass regulator with a single in, and dual outlet. never had any milky oil or water psi issues with either setup.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First thanks to all for taking the time to help me out. Some great recommendations here.
What should the pressure be regulated to going into the engine?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts