Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seven & a half years!

George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years. The first six the economy was fine.

A little over two years ago:

1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;

2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;

3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.

4) The DOW JONES hit a record high -- 14,000+

5) American's were buying new cars, taking cruises and vacations overseas, living large!

But American's wanted 'CHANGE'! So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress & yep -- we got 'CHANGE' all right!

1) Consumer confidence has plummeted;

2) Gasoline is now over $4 a gallon & climbing;

3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% inc rea se);

4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 trillion dollars & prices are still dropping;

5) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.

6) THE DOW is probing another low ~11,300 -- $2.5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS EVAPORATED FROM THEIR STOCKS, BONDS & MUTUAL FUNDS INVESTMENT PORTFOLIOS!

YEP, IN 2006 AMERICA VOTED FOR CHANGE! AND WE GOT IT! A DEMOCRATIC CONGRESS, NANCY PELOSI. HARRY REID.

Now the Democrats' candidate for president -- and the polls say he's gonna be 'the man' -- claims he's gonna really give us change! Just how much more 'change' do you think you can stand?

Have a very nice day.

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
I second that sentiment!

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
I'd like to be a fly on the wall when the libs read that!

Heads will be spinning and smoke will be coming out of their ears.

Oh and "change" sucks!

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
Some of us tried to warn them, "Not ALL "chage" is GOOD! Sometimes, "change" is bad, if it is in the wrong direction.".

Some people just will not listen.

Some of those will not admit to a mistake either.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Oh common...

I am no fan of Obama, but to say he is the entire reason we are at this point is a disingenuous to say the least. If you could not see the housing problem bringing this countries economy down you must have had your head in the sand. It took many years to build up to the failure, but all the fundamentals were way out of whack.:)hand

·
Don't Taze Me, Bro!
1,885 Posts
:mad:

Seven & a half years!

George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years. The first six the economy was fine.

A little over two years ago:

1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;

2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;

3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.

4) The DOW JONES hit a record high -- 14,000+

5) American's were buying new cars, taking cruises and vacations overseas, living large!

But American's wanted 'CHANGE'! So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress & yep -- we got 'CHANGE' all right!

1) Consumer confidence has plummeted;

2) Gasoline is now over $4 a gallon & climbing; Now $2.50,but still higher

3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% inc rea se); Now 9.5% and climbing

4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 trillion dollars & prices are still dropping;

5) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure. Total foreclosure today is estimated at 1.91 m homes, or 1 of every 84.

6) THE DOW is probing another low ~11,300 -- $2.5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS EVAPORATED FROM THEIR STOCKS, BONDS & MUTUAL FUNDS INVESTMENT PORTFOLIOS! Dow in now around 8,700

YEP, IN 2006 AMERICA VOTED FOR CHANGE! AND WE GOT IT! A DEMOCRATIC CONGRESS, NANCY PELOSI. HARRY REID.

Now the Democrats' candidate for president -- and the polls say he's gonna be 'the man' -- claims he's gonna really give us change! Just how much more 'change' do you think you can stand? He is now "President". How's that change working out for you?

Have a very nice day.

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
Nice cherry picking.
Please post your examples......BW compared equal facts from 8 years ago to now, He did not just post one side....your problem is that it is degrading to your picture of your president and you don't want to face the realty......Please try it, the truth and reality can be liberating!

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh common...

I am no fan of Obama, but to say he is the entire reason we are at this point is a disingenuous to say the least. If you could not see the housing problem bringing this countries economy down you must have had your head in the sand. It took many years to build up to the failure, but all the fundamentals were way out of whack.:)hand

Your right....the housing crisis.....do me a favor and watch this :

Remove
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnSp4qEXNM&NR=1

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
My original post is from September of 2008. It has certainly gotten much worse by anyone's estimation.

There is plenty more. Democrats are running from this guy now. He will have no one behind him after his first year. He's broken so many promises. I can post a list if that would help?

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
Oh common...

Your right, its not all Barry and the goon squad's fault. Barney Frank had ALOT to do with this mess as did Bill Clintoon by watering down the lending guidelines...

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Your right, its not all Barry and the goon squad's fault. Barney Frank had ALOT to do with this mess as did Bill Clintoon by watering down the lending guidelines...

Yes they all pushed it, including republicans. Even Bush was pushing the low cost to low income "Latinos". For some reason owning a house became a right in America, oh wait i know why....money, not that I am opposed to making lots of green, but some ethics would have been nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts