Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the purpose of having two remote oil filters instead of one on the engine block.:)bulb

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,161 Posts
What is the purpose of having two remote oil filters instead of one on the engine block.:)bulb
  • Engine oil capacity is increased
  • Engine oil filtration is "improved" (double the filter media)
  • Intervals between oil changes can be extended (more oil volume + double the filter media)
  • Engine oil flow restrictions (due to filtration) can be reduced (same volume of oil movement distributed through twice the filtration area)
  • Most dual filter setups have the oil filters plumbed in parallel. This way, if one filter fails/becomes clogged, the oil can still flow through the other filter

LO

·
Spiral out
1,545 Posts
Exhibit #1........:)st

I got to meet a few new people on Friday! I had an oil leak and on the way back from the sand bar i lost oil pressure and had to float back.:mad: It pumped all the oil out of the motor. So I just hung out with friends at Twin Palms the Sat and Sun.

Pulled the motor today and found the remote oil filter adapter on the block was not making a good seal even though it was tight. :)st

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Make sure you mount the remote at the same height as the old mount or just a tad lower. Lower (1/4"- 1/2") would be my pick. What your trying to do is lessen the amount of strain on the oil pump shaft pumping the oil UP HILL. And everytme you shut off the engine the oil wont drain back into the pan. The directions dont mention this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts