Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of helping my dad pull the pump on his boat to get it serviced and I need your guy's advice.

Pop's boat is a '99 Renegade 21 Open Bow skiboat (splash of a ultra, I think) The pump is an Aggressor, I think. Anyways, the real question here is, how the heck to do you pull the pump on a boat that has a three point engine mounting system where the bellhousing mounts to the jet?

Sorry I don't have any pictures on me at this time but I can get them if needed. We have experiance working on boats that have had 4 point engine mount systems, not 3. We would rather not pull the motor, there has to be some way to work around this situation????

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
I am in the process of helping my dad pull the pump on his boat to get it serviced and I need your guy's advice.

Pop's boat is a '99 Renegade 21 Open Bow skiboat (splash of a ultra, I think) The pump is an Aggressor, I think. Anyways, the real question here is, how the heck to do you pull the pump on a boat that has a three point engine mounting system where the bellhousing mounts to the jet?

Sorry I don't have any pictures on me at this time but I can get them if needed. We have experiance working on boats that have had 4 point engine mount systems, not 3. We would rather not pull the motor, there has to be some way to work around this situation????

Thanks!
Loosen/remove the large "U" clamp on the 3 point rear mount/Bellhousing lift up slightly on the back of the engine to clear the isolator that surronds the bearing cap on the jet , remove the trnasom adaptor and steering etc , unbolt the jetdrive suction housing from the intake piece and pull the jet out the back call if you need help Tom

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Loosen/remove the large "U" clamp on the 3 point rear mount/Bellhousing lift up slightly on the back of the engine to clear the isolator that surronds the bearing cap on the jet , remove the trnasom adaptor and steering etc , unbolt the jetdrive suction housing from the intake piece and pull the jet out the back call if you need help Tom
That is to easy. Besides he needs to fix the motor. :D

·
Registered
546 Posts
remove the strap or "U" that holds the bell housing to the front of the pump. lift the engine just enough to take pressure off the pump and or if no hoist is available wedge the motor with pieces of wood or metal and support the rear of the motor to take the weight off the front of the pump. pull the pump out the back of the boat. you do not have to pull the motor to remove the pump BUT when u reinstall the pump and try to align the drive shaft to the pump shaft you may wish that u had pulled the motor. usually not a big deal to pull the motor but as stated above u can and i have pulled the pump without removing them. good luck

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
One more tip! If this is setup with a performance loader you may want to pull it off before you start! It will help in the removal of the pump not to have to lift it over the loader! Pulls stright out insted of up and over and out! My .02!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts