Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a concern reguarding my management company. The tenants called me and stated that the dishwasher was working improperly. So I consulted an appliance company who later states the dishwasher's rack was off track, human error. I paid them directly and forwarded the reciepts to my management company. I ask them to back charge them since it was due to the tenants negligence. My management company stated since I had delt with it I can charge them myself. Is this standard proceedures? Do I have the rights to consult repairs and forward the reciepts? I inform the management company and used the company that they recondmended. Now they don't want to get involved. At this point I want to kick the management company when the year lease expires. If the tenants stay can I do this?
:)coffee sorry for the rant and any advice is appreciated....

·
Registered
669 Posts
We have a yearly contract with our management company with our hom ein CA. They do a decent job and have no issues with me getting in the middle of tennant issues/repairs. Having the same tenant and management company for a couple years now, we built a good relationship as to what we each expect. Some things are just easier for the tenant to contact me, minor repair they take care of and I send them a check.

Not exactly what you asked, but I think it depends on teh relationship, cost of the repair (is it worth the argument).

My agreement with the management company allows me to terminate contract with notice, what does your contract say?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Get a new company.... they work for you

·
Registered
784 Posts
Why did the tenant call you? You should of had the tenant call the management company that is what you pay them for. Call the tenant and tell them you are sending the bill and they can send you a check. You do pay the management company to handle things like this but if you get involved I would say it's yours to finish.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ihad previously given the tenants my number after finding out that they tried calling the management company for 3 weeks with no response. This time they called me direct. Well the management company now wants to breach contract and transfer to a new company of my choice. I decided to go back to the previous company I had. Much better to deal with and they don't mind if I take care of minor issues myself. I decided to eat the repair this time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts