Performance Boats Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
E-23 now Available with or without sbc. 3 races since restoration. The first all glass Javelin ever built, lots of history, wife says sell so submit offers via PMs. Trailer is totally rebuilt even new axle, and LEDs.
Click on Link:
Charging Charlie - HydroRacer.Net Forums

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another

To show restoration of a unique hull with many many modifications from the plain ole Jones or Javelin. Turns veery very well! Perfect SE boat and it fits in a normal garage at 16'.

Chargin Charlie - Page 2 - HydroRacer.Net Forums

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is also a give away

low ball offered due to financial wows. Best offer by Jan1.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First offer of

$5000 is in. That's complete only needing valve job and comes with additional fresh 441 heads. Want this gone by February. A firm $6500 stops the bidding and you get an SE ready historical boat.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
E25

Waites lake this year, its first circle race since 1992 at Burley? I think Al said that...For its total restoration step by step shots, link is above! I have a whole year and lots of love into it! Also have Hooker Headers if you dont like these Flow Masters pictured and its original carb racing scoop-cover! It also includes a good cloth cover.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also

All the Orange driver gear plus another set in RED is also available cheap! It's all Medium to Large: 5'4"-5'8" 160-170 lbs.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
still for sale

bump, need to sell real soon. Extra gears, Seats (original) for a two person ride. Two sets of headers Rare, Isk camshaft and tim gears. Also have some big tube zoomie headers and adapter plates. Trailer has new axle, springs, wiring, LED lights, all new wood, paint etc. Titled in Idaho. Make me one more offer and it may be yours race ready for the new SE class. Boat is grandfathered in per Paul Grichar!

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bump for 5001 turn key? Still for sale!

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bust

My offer has been retracted. So boat is still for sale with or without 76 mph engine. Make me a reasonable offer before it goes to ebay. Thanks

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Restored trailer

new axle, tires, wheels are matching 3, new floor boards, led lights, rubberized bunks that drain!

If you want more restoration pictures, please ask. Need to sell to settle a debt. Would make an excellant Rookie 'learn to race' SE contender or a dependable lake toy.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Please

no tire kickers, I'm ready to make someone a huge package deal just to get this thing out of my sight! Call me 509 995 8254 This is a race proven, historical, rare (one of 12) successful winning E boat built in 1971or 2 by Dave Hooker, Ray and Al Lapointe. All of these guys gave it a thumbs up at Sammamish 2011 and one of them wanted it back!
Paul Grichar, Kip Brown, Kelly Stockland drove at Burley where this little boat bested all E boat competition more than once!! Only recent family difficultys create this opportunity. Dont delay. The first $6000 will get a truck load of sbc and v-drive stuff! One rebuilt sbc with 3 sets of headers, extra heads, cams, carbs, scoops, driver gear, etc.
Located in North East Washington in the Spokane Valley.
PM for more inside pictures of the restored floor and hand made hardware, I put a ton of personal elbow grease into HER boat!

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
before

before restoration, boat was complete less engine but suffering from neglect and delamination in small areas

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Afer

Reinforced engine, v-drive lower rails added plus strut brace, new tank,etc

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
New Rails

and motor mounts actually form a bridge girder style stringer-bottom reinforcement, and adjustable seat mount is visible and epoxe coated imitation hardwood floor pattern done in color toner and West Systems.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Kelly Stockland

driving in one of the last ERR events in the Northwest:

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Simulated

wood floor, any idea how much time this took? It solved the faded floor problem and put a new twist on shiney floors that just get beat up once you drive it! Once you run it, your floors are totalled out and ugly.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Check out

the bottom left photo where you see it receiving the hard shell epoxe Feather Fill sealer that will lock the water out of the polyester gel coat and remaining paint. Each coat of this and final epoxe primer were block sanded to perfection. That trim tab plate has NO edge, and boat does not leak! All hard ware was sealed with 5200 and then resin and feather fill, primer, then speed coat. Sides are done in epoxe primer then a sealer primer then new Enamel and the deck is original urethane.
This shows 50+ hours of sanding all loose paint and straightening right down to the dark green. All hardware has been molded in, no blunt edges!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.