Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone using them? How do they hold up? My house was built without a front screen door and I don't like the way the regular screens look. Obvisouly, they will not be used to keep people out, just let some fresh air in. I need one for the front and one for the sliding glass door. They will also have the so called "speed reducer" so my son doesn't lose a hand..... Just looking for input.
Thanks

·
Scarab Racing
214 Posts
I have a screen door that is all glass and you can pull down on the top half and a screen takes its place. If that is what you are talking about, I love it. Bottom half is always glass so the dogs can't easily ruin it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have one on the front door and one on the door coming into the house from the garage both work great. The manufacturer is Eclipse and I kinda think its one of those you get what you pay for things. My neighbors have some cheaper models and they dont slide nearly as nice as mine even when they were just installed. Cleaning the tracks and lubricating them every couple of months makes a world of difference also.

·
I Make Stuff Look Cool
140 Posts
Get the phantom screens, I bought the less expensive ones from Home Depot, and they sucked. Ended up replacing them with Phantom Screens.

·
Registered
336 Posts
If your using on the front door you might want to add an extra magnet at the top and bottom. At least with ours the dog like to tap on the frame and open it herself.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I gave them a call and they said that the door and slider are $430 ea installed, does that sound about right?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts