Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have all new stuff cable,place diverter,lever! And when I am under speed the bucket will start to drift down and cause steering and water coming in boat problems! How can I tighten it up so it wont move under speed? Has anyone had to solve this problem befor? WT

Coby

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I have all new stuff cable,place diverter,lever! And when I am under speed the bucket will start to drift down and cause steering and water coming in boat problems! How can I tighten it up so it wont move under speed? Has anyone had to solve this problem befor? WT

Coby
Have you got a photo of what you are talking about?

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes you did!:D

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont have a pix. of the pump with me! Everything is free (loose) and it moves to freely! WT

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you saying change from like 12 to 4 position ?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Widetrack most fwd rev controllers use nyliners for smooth operation and also have a "wavy washer" to tension (often missing) The Wavy helps keep the handle tight, check it out ? if its not there call me i'll give you one . If the bucket is adjusted correctly (out of the path of the exit at WOT) shouldn't happen ! lets see a pic otherwise ! Tom

PS You could also consider a three position locking type handle

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will check this out tonight! Thanks for the info. WT:)devil

Coby

·
About 500' AGL
2,470 Posts

Coby

I had that problem and just switched to a shifter with a detent. Problem solved.

http://www.rexmar.com/page39.html

·
....like warm apple pie
1,681 Posts
I had that problem and just switched to a shifter with a detent. Problem solved.

http://www.rexmar.com/page39.html
Exactly. Mine would pop into neutral half way into plane. What a pisser! I bought a new reverse handle with a button on the handle so it would lock into 'drive' and 'reverse'. Problem solved.

Or just hang onto the handle until you are on plane and going. I did that for years....then got sick of it. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts