Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Renegade jet
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 19' cheyenne tunnel and space is at a premium. Anyone have a suggestion on a better way to run the bucket so my leg is not jammed into the lever? Pics would be nice.

·
Registered
546 Posts
no pics, but have installed them on the stringer just in front of the bucket seat. have seen them installed upside down in the gunnel on bracket, several ways to do it , it just needs to push and pull the cable, lever wont know where its mounted.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Personally never liked the Stringer mts , I like Johnnys idea of upside down on the gunnel ?, weve been starting to sell alot more 3 position "locking handles" too Tom

·
Renegade jet
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I noticed in another thread ToddnJuzz had a cool foot operated reverse, Maybe he will chime in with some more pics of it. Maybe the bracket in the gunnel might work.

·
lol, right.....
1,168 Posts
I have a 19' cheyenne tunnel and space is at a premium. Anyone have a suggestion on a better way to run the bucket so my leg is not jammed into the lever? Pics would be nice.
Friend of mine has a Taylor with the forward/reverse control mounted on the right side of the driver seat base.... I know it probably sounds awkward, but it seems to work just fine, no worse than working a manual diverter. I don't have any pics showing it, I'll mention this thread to him, he may have some he can post.

·
Renegade jet
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Never thought about putting it on the right side:)bulb I could make a bracket and mount it off of the seat bottom. The pedal operated one would be pretty cool though.

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Sorry to hi jack but I'd like to see some set-ups, of the lever between the seats too.

·
Renegade jet
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
stringer mount probably wont work due to the boat having 2x stringers so they are kind of short. Otherwise that is what i would do.

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
i like the 3 position lockout shifters, but i change 'em to 1 lock out position. take 'em apart, fill in the center and reverse notches with alumaweld and sand it down smooth, so the thing won't lock out in neutral or reverse (hate that).

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Here's one for you! I use old type flat bottom cav plate t-handles! locks where ever you want and requires minimum rape of the stringer! Shhhh Don't tell anybody, it's a secret!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts