Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a buddy of mine just purchased a Hallet Deck boat and it seems to lean to the left all the time since all the passengers are always on the left side of the boat (Right side captains chair). Question... He needs a new prop anyway would it be wise to think of getting a left hand prop to help bring up that side of the boat? Can the drive handle going backwards all the time? Would it really do much to lift the left side?

·
It's what we do
723 Posts
The drive will be fine rotating LH. All Bravo One twin engine boats rotate one in "reverse". It will help, but how much is the question. The larger the diameter and pitch, the more it will help. If it were me, I would borrow a prop and test it.

·
BIG member
1,406 Posts
Just went thru this with my 21 Howard cruiser. I would have to have one tab on 0 and the other on 10 to level it out. A buddy with the same boat told me to put a LH prop on it like he had done. Got a 22p LH (same pitch as the old one) and it took it all out. Just switched the cable location on the controls up front and that was it. I've heard its ok to do with a stock Bravo 1 if you dont run a bunch of HP. I ran mine for 4 days straight without a problem. You gotta figure that all the twin engine boats are doing the same to 1 of their drives.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
The drive doesn't care which way it turns.. It takes a slight bit more power to reverse the rotation of the engine, ie left hand drive.. The boat will let you know if it likes a reverse rotation prop. Fountains and older eliminator 20's with Volvo's like left hand rotation but many boats are built to have a right hand prop.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the feedback... now just got to find a 22 p left hand Bravo 1 prop to try and/or buy... anyone got one?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Don't expect miracles out of a left. My Volvo and boat love left hand props but for only one reason, it drives like it has power steering (it has manual cable steering). As for boat lean... nothing.
Like said before, before I dumped a lot of money into it I would borrow one first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts