Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY kids....The wife needs a used lap top, her needs are internet (we have a router in the house) storage for pics and Misc.stuff, but mainly for internet use....
Any body have a used INEXSPENSIVE lap top they want to get rid of ??????Thanks

·
Don't Taze Me, Bro!
1,885 Posts
Carey,

I've got a Dell Inspiron 1200 I replaced earlier this year. I stripped it and reloaded Windows, so it's a bare unit right now.

I'll let you have it for future credit on some AC work, maybe a pre-season tune up in the spring.

·
Don't Taze Me, Bro!
1,885 Posts
I just pulled it out to check it and remembered why I replaced it.

The little receptacle where the power cord plugs in is FUBAR. You may want to check with a computer tech to see what it would cost to replace. I wouldn't think it would be more than 40-50 bucks at the most.

I'll understand if you want a plug and play, but if you still want it, it's yours.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Carey,

I've got a Dell Inspiron 1200 I replaced earlier this year. I stripped it and reloaded Windows, so it's a bare unit right now.

I'll let you have it for future credit on some AC work, maybe a pre-season tune up in the spring.
That's a helluva deal right there...:)devil I've got a few oldies around as well...;)

·
LHC Architect
1,555 Posts

The little receptacle where the power cord plugs in is FUBAR. You may want to check with a computer tech to see what it would cost to replace. I wouldn't think it would be more than 40-50 bucks at the most.

I'll understand if you want a plug and play, but if you still want it, it's yours.
I will fix the receptacle "in"...errr "for" The Mrs, in exchange for a hummmmmmm........:)bulb"Private Haircut":p:D

·
Stirrin' it up!
210 Posts

I had the same issue with my old laptop. Computer store wanted between 100-200 bucks to repair, mostly labor charges to get to it. I bought a new laptop instead. I tried taking the thing apart myself with no luck. :mad:

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Needed a PC for a couple of things I couldn't do easily on my Mac. Picked up a nice Dell reconditioned from Blair Technologies on e-bay. 240.00 shipped. Excellent packaging and service and this company has a lot of stuff on e-bay.

·
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone....Boat cop thanks I'll be in touch...Thanks Todd........

·
Registered
587 Posts
I had the same issue with my old laptop. Computer store wanted between 100-200 bucks to repair, mostly labor charges to get to it. I bought a new laptop instead. I tried taking the thing apart myself with no luck. :mad:
Ditto. Dell seems to have this problem. Mine broke, and the people said I would need a new motherboard because of how it broke. I said screw it and bought a new one for 600 otd.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts