Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm an idiot, my battery slid forward and the positive terminal made contact with the most rear water injection tube on the starboard side, instantly welding a tiny hole in it. I'm going to havasu in a day, any good method of patching this? Step one is putting a rubber boot around both battery terminals...

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
get a small piece of vacuum hose or fuel line. Split it lengthwise, slide it over the hole, double hose clamps. That'll get you back on the water quick, just keep an eye on it and replace/repair as soon as you can

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I don't know what material rewarder uses but any welder worth a damn should be able to close it up. In my honest opinion I would have it welded when you get to havasu. There's alot of weld shops up there and it should be a 10 minute job.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Did The Same Once With The Wire Off My Alternator. Jb Welded The Tiny Hole And It Has Held Up For A Few Years.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all your responses, I used the vacuum hose with a hose clamp and a little gasket sealer worked like a charm. Now my trucks front left brake caliper is going out again. Gotta fix for that? Haha talk about bad luck. Using my dads trucks now. Bad things come in three's, so only one more bad thing can happen!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts