Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rex hutchison

Just wondering what kind of reputation there shop has. I just purchased two blown 565's that were built by them. Everything looks like top of the line work and parts,but I live up here in Washington and had never herd about there shop before.

·
Registered
358 Posts
good luck

for the most part they haven't had a good rep since rex was running the show I hope you got lucky,lot of junk coming out of there.horror story after horror coming out of there two motors for me junk,40 others (not a kidding

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rex hutchison engines

What year did Rex stop running the show??? My motors were built quite a few years ago and all the parts and wear seem to be in great condition for there age and use. What happend to Rex??

·
Registered
358 Posts
at least 6 years ago maybe longer, he still around just retired, great guy,
his son glen just has alot to learn about doing the right thing and takin care of his customers I could go on and on but maybe your fine only other choice is to break them open and look

·
Rollin With Fink
583 Posts
What year did Rex stop running the show??? My motors were built quite a few years ago and all the parts and wear seem to be in great condition for there age and use. What happend to Rex??
Your probably fine, Glenn has a 80 percent fallout record. You maybe in the top 20 %;)

Hey Smitty your boat looked sik @ CFW. We tried to get some pics of it while you was lurkin around late Saturday night on the other side of the cove:D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
motors

Thanks for the info! I should be allright since my motors were built in 1998 and were freshened up a few years ago. I have torn them down and like I said they look great for there age.

Bowtie blocks
Dart heads
Crower crank
Corillo rods
Ross pistons
Crower roller cam
Ferrea valves
T&D shaft mount rockers
Super chillers
Littlefield 10/71's
Holley carbs
MSD IGN

1008hp each at 6000rpm on pump fuel!!:)devil:)devil

I am putting one in a 21 MTR Cougar jet and the other one is going in a Eliminator Daytona 21 jet. We will see what happens!! I am hard on equipment so if they live thru me they good to go.:|err

1 - 9 of 9 Posts