Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Rhino season is comming! Question for some of you that may or may not know (cause I will get everybodys opinion anyway) Im going to buy new Bilstein shocks for the Rhino (no long travel) and want to know if it is worth the extra $ to go with the Alum. ones over the steel body ones.

P.S. for all you haters that are going to say "go buy a jeep" all I can say is HA jeep my ass Ive already drove past 1 that was stuck in the deep sand (didnt help he already had some) and almost had to walk home from another when my neighbor is all his wisdom bought 1 and asked me if I wanted to go for a ride (never again in that BUCKING POS that also got stuck and I had to help dig it out):(:(

·
Broke mo fo
3,184 Posts
The Walker Evans shocks are very good too. But they are more expensive then the Bilsteins. Or they were when I was shopping for them. The Walkers are adjustable but the Bilsteins come dialed right out of the box.

·
Young Junior Member
319 Posts
Ok, Rhino season is comming! Question for some of you that may or may not know (cause I will get everybodys opinion anyway) Im going to buy new Bilstein shocks for the Rhino (no long travel) and want to know if it is worth the extra $ to go with the Alum. ones over the steel body ones.

P.S. for all you haters that are going to say "go buy a jeep" all I can say is HA jeep my ass Ive already drove past 1 that was stuck in the deep sand (didnt help he already had some) and almost had to walk home from another when my neighbor is all his wisdom bought 1 and asked me if I wanted to go for a ride (never again in that BUCKING POS that also got stuck and I had to help dig it out):(:(
screw jeeps and rhinos!
get on two wheels whoosie!!:D jk im just playin...steel is a little harder to bend than aluminum and you want ruggedness...:)devil

·
Will work for Boat
790 Posts
I don't know anyone with Bilsteins for standard suspension, but John @ The Pro Shop in Stanton swears by them for long travel.

If there aren't external reservoirs then I would think the aluminum ones would run cooler.
I've got Elkas with external rezzies, and after a long ride they're pretty warm to the touch,

·
Broke mo fo
3,184 Posts
I don't know anyone with Bilsteins for standard suspension, but John @ The Pro Shop in Stanton swears by them for long travel.

If there aren't external reservoirs then I would think the aluminum ones would run cooler.
I've got Elkas with external rezzies, and after a long ride they're pretty warm to the touch,
Its a Rhino not a trophy truck. Reservoirs are nice to have but honestly they don't even really get hot. I beat the shit out of my Bilsteins and they never really get hotter than warm. They are a huge improvement over stock but no where near if you went long travel. Its does help that annoying rear wheel bucking that goes on. You can't go wrong with the Bilsteins or the Walkers. Also a good set of seats are worth their weight in gold.

·
Rubbing is Racing!!
2,837 Posts
The Bilsteins and Walkers are hard to beat....

With thet said the Bilsteins (Like Djnk) said are a dialed set it and forget it deal. My Uncle ran the SXS race series at elsinor and PErris last year and they were jumpingh there stock armed Bilstein race rhino as far as the guys with the megga dollar LT kits.

He rab the steels.....They are more dependable and cheaper

The LT will be more cuushy and provide better travel but the Bilsteins do alot.

I'm gonna do LT when I get some cash thouuugh...haha:)devil:p

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Who sells and installs the Bilsteins in the OC area.??

BOBBIE......stop beating around the bush and spend the money. GO LONG TRAVEL. once you get over the credit card slip, its WORTH every penny!
May be up there today picking mine up at LTI.

·
Rubbing is Racing!!
2,837 Posts
BOBBIE......stop beating around the bush and spend the money. GO LONG TRAVEL. once you get over the credit card slip, its WORTH every penny!
This the same Kawi you have been working on for 3 years???:)sphss:D

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts

Does he really need long travel with the street tires he is running now? Will it help taking the corners faster on the road track he rolls on now? :)sphss

p.s. sorry Bobbie

·
Rubbing is Racing!!
2,837 Posts
what this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB53VfwFa54

Get to start REPAINTING it again now. Someone left it outside in the heat and direct sunlight with fresh clear....my paint if F'd:|err

Less then a year on and off again thank you very much. :D
I saw the video...very cool

The Kawi looks great. Glade to hear your doing a silver bumber that was the only thing I looked at and went WTF?

As far as a the paint it looked amazing. When I say amazing I meant it took alot of effort and talent to pull it off. With that said I think its kind of ghetto and wouldn't trade them for my krylon plastics...haha:)sphss:)

Hopefully yopu grow out of your taco wagon east LA paint sceme era before you re spray it;):)hand

You move the blinged SXR yet?

1 - 20 of 93 Posts