Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Member In Training
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that have gauges, what do you normally run for water temperature ?

Just installed a few gauges along with the PWR radiator and oil cooler and was surprised to see a 190 degree reading...

·
Broke mo fo
3,184 Posts
Did you make sure to purge the air out of the system after the install? Normally this time of year mine will not get over 180. This weekend it hit 180 once as we were running hard through a sand wash. During the summer I have seen it get close to 200 a couple times but all I did was back off on it a little bit and it cooled down.

·
Member In Training
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you make sure to purge the air out of the system after the install? Normally this time of year mine will not get over 180. This weekend it hit 180 once as we were running hard through a sand wash. During the summer I have seen it get close to 200 a couple times but all I did was back off on it a little bit and it cooled down.
Walts in Havasu did the install, I think I will chat with the tech to see what he says, thanks... Todd969 says he runs in the 160's and he does not have the PWR radiator and oil cooler like I do.

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
From what I've read, location of the sending unit has a lot to do with the reading you get.
When I was looking at putting one in, 180˚ was the average reading people were getting as their normal operating temp.

·
Member In Training
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I've read, location of the sending unit has a lot to do with the reading you get.
When I was looking at putting one in, 180˚ was the average reading people were getting as their normal operating temp.
Good info, thanks Rick and nice seeing you again... :D

·
@ The Islander
4,182 Posts
Yep, that's what mine does and I have the stock rad & no oil cooler.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts