Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a new project

21 hallett open bow. set back pump, ride plate. Planning on running adj trim plates to help get the front out of the water. Question is, what happens when the angle of the trim tabs is greater than the angle of the ride plate? seems they would work against eachother.

do you run the shoe and go with larger area plates to compensate for not having the rideplate?

thoughts, help appreciated.

gugs

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
If the front is wet, trim tabs will not help. Trim tabs will only help to bring the bow down. Trim tabs can't raise the bow any more than it already is.

Darrell.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Do you have a lot of hook? Those boats like a Snoot with a 4 degree steering pin axis with about 4 degrees of wedge.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hook

the hook has been taken out. Honestly, I have not pur it together yet. I am planning on installing the motor out of my 19' hallett and looking at the size and shape of the hull figured it would need tabs o get it out of the water.

I guess I am a little confused by the post about not being able to raise the bow with tabs, how is it different than the ride plate at the correct angle changint the angle of attack?

Help apprecitated!

Duane, have you had experience with this hull? I'm all ears.

Gugs

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Adding tabs is very similar to adding hook, with the exception of being adjustable...A ride plate does not really lift the bow either, it just gives the pump thrust something to push against (or make the hull act longer)..Really the only way to obtain some bowlift is to "trim up" with a Diverter, or add a droop to the pump and lower the thrust depth...

GT :)hand(Not Gary Taylor:mad:)

·
Registered
653 Posts
Adding tabs is very similar to adding hook, with the exception of being adjustable...A ride plate does not really lift the bow either, it just gives the pump thrust something to push against (or make the hull act longer)..Really the only way to obtain some bowlift is to "trim up" with a Diverter, or add a droop to the pump and lower the thrust depth...

GT :)hand(Not Gary Taylor:mad:)
Well spoken GT......:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts