Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I have a ride plate. Dont know the brand.. It came with shim's how do you adjust it? What does the ride plate do? I have not had the boat out so i dont know how it will ride. I can pull the intake out to machine it for the ride plate. but I dont know what it does or why/how to adjust it.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Not an expert but you need to remove the intake and machine it for a shoe, which also allows you to run a ride plate. Ride plate should have turn buckles at the rear to adjust.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i understand that just not sure how it works/ what i does. and why adjust it.... sure the how it works will explain how to adj.

·
Just Me
4,078 Posts
As I understand it, and i'm far from an expert on jets; the ride plate acts like fixed cavitation plates on older flatbottoms. It allows the boat to ride on the ride plate and further back on the hull when running. This equates to less wetted surface and faster speeds. The adjustments allow you to help get the boat to the optimum attitude when running. If you adjust the plate down in the back it drops the nose. To much down plate and the boat will tend to porpouse. If the rear is too high the boat will fly the nose which is not good for high speed stability. I'm sure if i'm way off base someone will quickly jump in and correct it. But that is what I understand about how they work.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Oh, come on guys teach him how to read the "burn". :)grn And yes I too want to boat where you do.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
I was hoping that someone who knew what they were talking about would jump in here......but I guess you've got me instead. From what I understand making the boat think it's longer is part of the advantage, weight distribution. As far as the ride plate deal. put up a pic mine adjusts with shims under the cradle. I think the idea there is by increasing the angle you let the bow ride higher. You may want to experiment around with it just to see how it changes your ride /speed. This is the part I'm prolly going to screw up.. The ride plate is there because, the impeller sucking causes a low pressure directly behind the boat.......oh come guys, a little help here. I just re read your post sounds like your also trying how to install it .Pictures, and or call Tom @ Jet boat performance. Down in the greg shoemaker section there is a good ride plate thread for ya, that I just bumped to the top. I'm not sure how much help it will be with the install, but it should shed some light on the rest of it.

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
measure the ride plate angle compared to the keel.

a good starting point is 2 degrees up.

Dimarco, if you have the chance to add a ride plate and you plan on going fast do it. IMO

1 - 13 of 13 Posts