Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gorgeous day on the lake and river. We went from Windsor to Bill Williams (into the shallows), then up through the Channel to Topock for lunch, but it was closed, so we went back to Pirate's Cove for the second day in a row and had lunch.

No pics, but nice quiet boating day...

Oh, and we only hit bottom a half dozen times or so, all when Donna wanted to get into some great-looking fishing spot.....

The mouth of the river was low, but manageable. You just have to watch the sandbars and keep the speed up.

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, the whole Channel had sand beaches. Oh, and it was completely empty - one Nordic beached by the Heat....

·
Registered
988 Posts
I was out at Martinez. The water was the lowest ive ever seen. No problem for me in my jet but I wouldnt want to be in anything bigger.

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We'll probably take the Advantage out later this week, but I think we'll stay south - I can get through the mouth of the river OK, but not into the other spots we'd like to go into...

We had to go into Speed Alley from the north, the south was too low. The fish weren't biting anyway:)sphss

·
Lil' Hellyun
3,238 Posts
The water was so low last weekend there was actually sand in the Channel before the sea wall.

I like it much better when you can't see sand and hope you "catch" before you go crashing into that worthless sea wall....:)sphss:D

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We pulled into the Channel today near the dog park - about a twenty foot walk from the boat to the "seawall". Maybe 20 boats moored overall...

Gorgeous day, but on the downside, no thongs or pasties.... although my stepdaughter's top blew off at 65.....

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope, no pics, and you wouldn't want them if there were.... just had a kid and all that...

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
lol, you guys are in a drought, we're in flood stages:D me and my twins went to the lake last weekend to change bunks out on my trailer and we actually put the boat in the water ontop of the parking lot , the ramp was totally submerged. we pulled the boat over to a changing room and tied it off:p had water coming in the doors of my lil s10 blazer cause i had to pull so far into the submerged parking lot to just get the boat off the trailer:)sphss

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
lol, you guys are in a drought, we're in flood stages:D me and my twins went to the lake last weekend to change bunks out on my trailer and we actually put the boat in the water ontop of the parking lot , the ramp was totally submerged. we pulled the boat over to a changing room and tied it off:p had water coming in the doors of my lil s10 blazer cause i had to pull so far into the submerged parking lot to just get the boat off the trailer:)sphss

No big deal in Havasu only a few feet down

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Last week enough boats got stuck that you could use them as bouys. Trim it up and let it fly right between them all. Go fast enough and the stuck guys won't have time to grab a camera.
Learned from the other thread, if there's no video, it didn't happen.:D

·
Too Late!
110 Posts
Last week enough boats got stuck that you could use them as bouys. Trim it up and let it fly right between them all. Go fast enough and the stuck guys won't have time to grab a camera.
Learned from the other thread, if there's no video, it didn't happen.:D
Glad I wasn't the only one :mad:.... Was out there over Columbus Day Weekend... thought I had the line, trimmed it high, missed the line by 50' :|err. Got her high and dry BAD! A handful of waverunners stopped by and one of the chics on them volunteered all her man friends to help out :D. Found the line, no problems for the rest of the weekend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts