Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Ryan
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Staying there this weekend, anyone going to be there? Anything that I should know, any local knowledge? Usually launch out of Jack Smith but will be taking advantage of the ramp in the park.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Staying there this weekend, anyone going to be there? Anything that I should know, any local knowledge? Usually launch out of Jack Smith but will be taking advantage of the ramp in the park.

Thanks
Be careful when launching if the water is low...there is a rock/sand bar about 50-75 feet just outside the ramp that you have to really watch out for....

Other than that if you have a jet you are going to have a good time...just watch out for the rock and sand bars up river.......take some pics and let us know how the weekend goes....have fun..

·
Registered
168 Posts
Be careful when launching if the water is low...there is a rock/sand bar about 50-75 feet just outside the ramp that you have to really watch out for....

Other than that if you have a jet you are going to have a good time...just watch out for the rock and sand bars up river.......take some pics and let us know how the weekend goes....have fun..

You ought to change your name from Papa G to Ole Wise One.

·
3,246 Posts
My brother just bought a boat from a guy that has a place in the palms. He said its a really nice community.:)devil

·
Boat Bling Distributor
66 Posts
i have a place thair its sweet wont be thair this weekend going to HB

i have 26 foot no worries

·
MAMA TRIED
1,661 Posts
My buddy just called and said he is there at the palms in needles. River front. Bigger guy (looks like cop) has some tattoos, hot wife his names Pete. Tell him bense said u could drink out of his cooler.

·
Ryan
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My buddy just called and said he is there at the palms in needles. River front. Bigger guy (looks like cop) has some tattoos, hot wife his names Pete. Tell him bense said u could drink out of his cooler.

This sounds like it could be a setup....... j/k Hope to meet some cool people out there this weekend, looking forward to it.

·
MAMA TRIED
1,661 Posts
This sounds like it could be a setup....... j/k Hope to meet some cool people out there this weekend, looking forward to it.
No setup (except maybe just to screw with him) I think if you do it, it will be funny. One of my best buds. Nice guy. I'm sure he will share a beer or two with ya.

·
Boat Bling Distributor
66 Posts
wish i was going this weekend id pound a few with you
1st week iv missed in 10-12 weeks bummer next time have a good time

·
Hub Cap Annie & Wheel
1,926 Posts
I have a place there and as long as you launch early when the water is high and retrieve after 4 you'll be fine. Be careful of the rock bar that papa g stated, good idea is to head north to just above our park and hang a u-turn and plane out as you pass our park staying to the left side of the river, you will see the ripples from the rock bar on the right. No problems the rest of the way down.

·
Hub Cap Annie & Wheel
1,926 Posts
Whose house are you renting? Or are you RV'ing for the weekend? SO CAL D from the boards will be there, his place is on ramp road, white chevy or H3 with a gray and white Lazer, slammed golf cart, Darren is the tall bald dude.

·
Ryan
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Palms

We rented one street over from Ramp Rd, really enjoyed the park, had a really nice family feel. Tried to launch around 1130 on Saturday and the water was pretty low and the ramp looked real sketchy, people sitting on the beach said you needed to launch at an angle to avoid going off the end of the cement. I didnt want to take the chance and ended up going to Jack Smith as usual. I was looking forward to launching there at the park I like that part of the river above the park but went up there again on Saturday afternoon up by where the gas lines run underneath the water and the water was real low, could see a huge rock bar exposed, Ive been boating up there the last 5 summers and have never seen it like that. Great weekend out there, weather was perfect, I'll post some pics later.

What do you guys do about launching there? Launch off the side where the beach is?

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
We rented one street over from Ramp Rd, really enjoyed the park, had a really nice family feel. Tried to launch around 1130 on Saturday and the water was pretty low and the ramp looked real sketchy, people sitting on the beach said you needed to launch at an angle to avoid going off the end of the cement. I didnt want to take the chance and ended up going to Jack Smith as usual. I was looking forward to launching there at the park I like that part of the river above the park but went up there again on Saturday afternoon up by where the gas lines run underneath the water and the water was real low, could see a huge rock bar exposed, Ive been boating up there the last 5 summers and have never seen it like that. Great weekend out there, weather was perfect, I'll post some pics later.

What do you guys do about launching there? Launch off the side where the beach is?
My buddies house is next to where the gas lines go underneath the water. You really have to know that part of the river.

·
Hub Cap Annie & Wheel
1,926 Posts

That late the water is usually at the very end of the launch ramp and I don't launch at any angle. As far as a drop off there isn't that bad of one, thats nothing to worry about, I've never known a time or seen it that low where you couldn't launch any type of boat(drive wise), you just have to be careful of the rock bar to the south of our park, but you can always float.

·
Hub Cap Annie & Wheel
1,926 Posts

Did you rent from Tom and Cindy? If you rented the 3rd house you were right across the street from my place, light blue park model.

·
Boat Bling Distributor
66 Posts

i lanuch any time of day my 26 foot carrera no prob just keep backing in:)hand

1 - 20 of 33 Posts