Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
PB Administrator
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just talked to Dave. They are having a problem with the hosting provider and are working on it. They will be back soon.

·
Islander Moho Trash
2,119 Posts
.:|err In before the Lock.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well, apparently its not a good idea to give RiverDave admin rights on the server. All he said was his old man’s a television repairman and he’s got this ultimate set of tools.

:D

Seriously though, when you pick a host its a good idea to inquire about unwritten rules and regulations. Like, "Even though we have 15 terrabytes of bandwidth allowed per month, how hard can I hit the server?" Cause thats a very important question.

Long story short, we were wreaking havok on the server and they locked out the forum display. I am in the process of backing up the database and forum software while a new virtual private server is prepared. I don't know how long it will take them exactly but we will be back online shortly.

Sorry for the inconvience, I've never had to rely on a host before so this was a bit of a growing pain. Thanks for making our site so sucessful. See you there when we are back online.

·
PB Administrator
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, I just deleted some posts in here from Grads and then a bunch aimed back at him. Go fight it out down in Gray Water.

I swear as soon as I have some free time I am going to make some sort of P2P online boating game similar to GTA. You can all go in there and kill each other off then.

Of course I haven't had a second of free time since 1996, so that is not likely to happen any time soon.

·
Broke mo fo
3,184 Posts
OK, I just deleted some posts in here from Grads and then a bunch aimed back at him. Go fight it out down in Gray Water.

I swear as soon as I have some free time I am going to make some sort of P2P online boating game similar to GTA. You can all go in there and kill each other off then.

Of course I haven't had a second of free time since 1996, so that is not likely to happen any time soon.
LOL!!!!!

·
Crazy Eights
1,476 Posts
Seriously though, when you pick a host its a good idea to inquire about unwritten rules and regulations. Like, "Even though we have 15 terrabytes of bandwidth allowed per month, how hard can I hit the server?" Cause thats a very important question.

Long story short, we were wreaking havok on the server and they locked out the forum display. I am in the process of backing up the database and forum software while a new virtual dedicated server is prepared. I don't know how long it will take them exactly but we will be back online shortly.

Sorry for the inconvience, I've never had to rely on a host before so this was a bit of a growing pain. Thanks for making our site so sucessful. See you there when we are back online.
I feel your pain...I'm on my second host in just over a year and I'm now looking for a 3rd. Who do you guys use?

·
Registered
86 Posts
So it is true that you will hit just about anything. Did you atleast use protection? You sick bastard!!!!
No way, I was running it hard in.. err wait?! um, Yeah, I did, thats the ticket, I did I tell ya.

I feel your pain...I'm on my second host in just over a year and I'm now looking for a 3rd. Who do you guys use?

Lunarpages.com

The people that answer the phone are nice enough. Its the admins in the back who "Don't accept phone calls" that I would like to get my hands on. They clipped us without warning. If I didn't care about having the site back up quickly, I'd a changed hosts.

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
I thought it was:)hand:)hand Riverdave.com
Thanks for the heads up Admin...

·
Dazed and Transfused
2,308 Posts

I don't have time to build the game either.........

but I do have time to kick anybody that needs it,
right square in the junk if they don't straighten up and fly right

:)hand

·
Crazy Eights
1,476 Posts
Lunarpages.com

The people that answer the phone are nice enough. Its the admins in the back who "Don't accept phone calls" that I would like to get my hands on. They clipped us without warning. If I didn't care about having the site back up quickly, I'd a changed hosts.
yeah, they shut down my VM for 8 hours one day because i didnt respond to a ticket that was resolved. No call or anything. Not even a "I'm sorry".

I use Rackforce....and they are located in canadia if that explains anything :)st

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
Just talked to Dave. They are having a problem with the hosting provider and are working on it. They will be back soon.
Thanks for the thread Craig! I appreciate clearing up some of the confusion.

WOW..think we would have ever got a response like this from that "other" former forum we used to visit!!!
Never... That's part of the reason why I'm such a large supporter of this site / venture. They actually care about the online community.

RD

·
Dazed and Transfused
2,308 Posts
Thanks for the thread Craig! I appreciate clearing up some of the confusion.

Never... That's part of the reason why I'm such a large supporter of this site / venture. They actually care about the online community.

RD
People helping people and shit

:)

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
RD sux :D

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Thanks for the updates.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts