rivieara custom ski boats of arizona.
Any help would be appreciated
i have one and have never ever seen another one like it
she is a heavy girl but she runs high in the water its a 1978
full stringer jet with bbc

·
Registered
20 Posts
My dad has one. Its a full stringer with a BBC as well. Berkley Jet. Funny thing I saw one just recently on craigs list. His boat seems to be fairly light but has a ton of flex in the hull. It seems to be pretty fast for being mostly stock. The boat planes faster than any jet boat I have been in and rides very smooth through the chop. I have looked for info as well and have not come up with anything.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my boat has ran 70 on gps with 7 people in it 2 ice chests skies and tools with a bone stock 454 out of a winnebago and planes pretty quick for a heavy boat im building a stroked 496 with a bob whyman built pump. thank you for the info! post some pics if you can i would love to see them

·
Abnormal Member
474 Posts
I have owned three of them over the years. I currently have two. I am goinbg to try one as a Comp/Jet race boat. My friends and I have enjoyed them on the river down here is SoCal. They are a very well built boat and they do plane quick and handle chop very well. All of them with a stock power plant will run around 70mph. Riviera Boats has not been in business for many years and there is not that much info about them other than what you get from previous owners. With your 496 and a well built pump I would say that 80-85mph would not be a problem.

·
Banned
4,497 Posts
Does it look like this one:

They were built by Al Burns who got out of the boat building business and into the pest control business and has done very well.

·
Banned
4,497 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh ya we all ways have the fresno county sherrifs show up just to bullshit on that day there was a fresno county chriminal judge broke domn out back so i went to help. i was on official police buissness at the time the pic was taken the boat was full of beer cans but he didnt mind

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no i bought the boat from a guy that had it sitting at his shop for about 2 years i saw it every so offten then i decided to talk to him and after about a month later he sold it 2 me for 2000. most of i traded in parts.the seven people were not midgets in fact 2 of them were over 200 pounds

·
Registered
5 Posts
I owned one for 20 years. Mine was a 1979 w/ 450HP big block, droop snoot, A impeller. I wish I had never sold it. In my time I have seen only a few others. To the best of my knowledge there are two models one is 18' with a long cockpit and a shorter bow. The other is a 19' with short back seats and a really long bow. I had the long bow 19'. This is a great riding hull. I learned how to ski as a kid and ended up buying it from my father when I was in high school. I sold it in 2006 to a good friend of mine who still uses it on a regular basis. Mine had really unique driving characteristics. It had hook on the bottom of the hull about in the middle halfway from the keel to the side on both sides. If you trim the place diverter up as you come up on plane the boat would ride high on the keel and would go 83-84 mph but if you let off it would hug the water and slow down. I will have to look to see if I have any digital pics of mine. I do have a pic of one that I found that was very similar to mine. These pics are not of my boat. I have another pic of the short bow model.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.