Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
:)devilYea,i like Robbie.I once heard him on a tv interview say that he only races nascar so he can afford offroad racing.

·
two strokes is enough
2,042 Posts
if i recall robbie left a nascar race a little bit before it started to fly down to race a baja race i think thats tight that some people stick to there passions and do other just to keep them busy and to pay for their more beloved sport like shawn white left a skating comp before his last run to go snowboard and all he said is snowboarding is my sport i skatboard to keep busy

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Looks like the far end of Shea Rd heading toward Swansea.

Hate to be the old snowbird couple coming the other way in their jeep. :))eek:))

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Best Robbie Gordon moment for me was at the 1,000 one year when he crossed the road at Ojos Negro at about 1 AM at Flat out and sideways and left powerslide marks that stayed on the road for a couple of year's. The locals and all of us went nuts.

He was in third and Ivan and I think Ragland were in front on him ,but he is the one who put on the show. :)devil :)devil

Sleeper CP :D

·
MAMA TRIED
1,661 Posts
if i recall robbie left a nascar race a little bit before it started to fly down to race a baja race i think thats tight that some people stick to there passions and do other just to keep them busy and to pay for their more beloved sport like shawn white left a skating comp before his last run to go snowboard and all he said is snowboarding is my sport i skatboard to keep busy
It was the other way around...He left a baja race to fly to a nascar race

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Robby is currently in South America, racing the DAKAR Rally. At the start of Stage 5, he and navigator Andy Grider are in 9th place overall, and 1st in the Open Class.

http://robbygordon.com/blip/index.html
"Dakar" in South America ...??????? :)bulb No Civil wars and no bandits what a shame for the race :(

Sleeper CP :D

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In a heartbeat.
I had a blast riding with Ricky Johnson doing shakedown runs in Barstow when he drove "Big Mac" McPherson Chevrolet Class 8 with only 18" of front travel vs the 30"+ of a trophy truck. That Class 8 did have a 750 hp 430" smblk in it. :)devil

Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover :D

·
Spot On Dee El...
688 Posts
He did this for a CORR race 2 years ago at Texas Motor Speedway... CORR delayed the start of his race for over an hour as he flew in via helicopter... fans were getting pissed... came in cold, new track, no practice to a LOT of boos and hisses and ran at the lead for most of the race until he broke... I was there...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts