Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, what a PITA it is to get rod caps off of rods with ARP bolts and nuts. Especially stock rods. Work them in the rod vise, they come apart. PITA
You guys use any you like? That doesn't pull the big end all out of round? I will probably make something, but if one exists I'd buy it just for the few times a year I need it.
Wgas

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Distinguished Member
5,782 Posts
I HATE THRU BOLT RODS!!! Specially if they have after market bolts like ARP Wavelocks
Yup. With after market rods so cheap, why would anyone use a stock style rod in a performance application....

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Yup. With after market rods so cheap, why would anyone use a stock style rod in a performance application....
Without knowing what Wags is working on, I have to agree. By the time you buy the ARP thru bolts, and resize the rods, you could have bought a set of these and been miles ahead. This is one decent rod for the money.
Can't imagine rebuilding a set of even 7/16 dot rods for what these cost.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Back from getting my ass kicked.
Well, the issue with the eagle, scat, etc with through bolts is they still need touching up/ resizing 2/3 of the time. SO... should I eat that labor? I am with you guys... aftermarket is where its at. But some customers are old school and convinced that is what they want. ALSO I build short blocks/ engines to sell without a previous customer once in a while. Labor is cheaper than cash out of pocket. The ARP bolts are more than adequit for street peeler stuff.
Wags

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does the cam overt version have enough ass to work well?

Reid tool probably has a cam deal and I will make the rest.
Wags

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Q1, 8.04 w/ .044 r/t
Q2, 8.03 w/ .030 r/t
Q3 8.013 w/ .108 r/t (SUN ON CLOCK)

R1 .007F game over. He had a .004F. He runs the launch control...hence the discussion. His Sat lights were .018, .018, .020. I knew he wasn't going to give me any room at the start for a crappy light so I jumped up just a little (to much). That is the game, though.
Oh, my 8.013 was good enough for #3 out of 5. ROFL
That,my friend, is an ass kickin.
Wags

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
Q1, 8.04 w/ .044 r/t
Q2, 8.03 w/ .030 r/t
Q3 8.013 w/ .108 r/t (SUN ON CLOCK)

R1 .007F game over. He had a .004F. He runs the launch control...hence the discussion. His Sat lights were .018, .018, .020. I knew he wasn't going to give me any room at the start for a crappy light so I jumped up just a little (to much). That is the game, though.
Oh, my 8.013 was good enough for #3 out of 5. ROFL
That,my friend, is an ass kickin.
Wags
you need to entice some fresh meat out there. sucks to go out first round. pretty decent numbers. launch control is only as good as the programmer, boat tuner and driver. boat's still gotta be consistent, and you still gotta leave on time to hit numbers like that. was it that single carbed ford???

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Does the cam overt version have enough ass to work well?

Reid tool probably has a cam deal and I will make the rest.
Wags
Wags, of the cam deals I have seen, and the Proform is simply a copy, will not seperate a BBC rod without a bearing in it, and will not seperate a BBF or Olds even with the bearing in the rod. Its has a limit of about 2.25 inches.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 16 of 16 Posts