Performance Boats Forum banner
41 - 60 of 118 Posts
Discussion starter · #44 ·
Thanks for the compliments! If I didn't have the "shakes" :D you would be able to see the thing clrealy.

The heads are ProComp, non-CNC'ed 320cc intake runner. They're made in Australia, not China. :p I got the TR base from lilrick, spent maybe ? 6 hours taking a yellow'ed clear paint off, about 10 cans of carb cleaner, a can of GoofOff and a half a can of GooGone, a new cast top, a trip to the polisher to get the new top polished, Edelbrock sideways carb adaptors, Enderle carb linkage... it got way over budget really quickly - hence the rubber fuel lines.

I really like the headers too. Very different IMO. Dry SS Borla's, or copies. They have built-in mufflers (those giant cans on the ends), they're still loud but definately muffled, quiter than wet Bassett's. After running the engine for a few minutes last night I thought it was interesting the only part of the header that was hot was the muffler.

Mayden voyage (this engine): Martinez August 15, 16, and 17! :)devil

She's looking good Rod.

Glad you got her running.

Maybe see you on the water this year somewhere.

Sleeper CP :D

:))eek:)):))eek:)) Rod has a running boat !!!!! Whats the world coming to :D

jk buddy, looks GREAT !!!!!! Wish I was closer to you, I'd show up for the maiden voyage .

I guess i would give you guys a heart attack if i said i fired mine too:D

Congrats Rod , been a long time coming... Im looking forward for some more good news sunday.

:)devil

Discussion starter · #53 ·
I didn't say I was on the water, I said it was running. I'm having some tuning issue's. It would really help if I knew WTF I was doing. LOL. It's getting better, but there is no way in hell I'd put it on the water, YET.

:)devil BTW, I do the vroom vroom noises too AND I put on my race face when I do it.

Oh yes, lots and lots of beer for this pic. :D

Attachments

that picture is funny as hell, great work on getting her running!! I have tuning issues also (carbs :)sphss) I think they are a bird all their own if you know what I mean...... takes time and alot of experience to get them fine tuned in right. anyways congrats man!!!:)devil

I didn't say I was on the water, I said it was running. I'm having some tuning issue's. It would really help if I knew WTF I was doing. LOL. It's getting better, but there is no way in hell I'd put it on the water, YET.

:)devil BTW, I do the vroom vroom noises too AND I put on my race face when I do it.

Oh yes, lots and lots of beer for this pic. :D
There's your problem, The LOTS of beer is keeping you from finishing the job. ;) Now get busy!!! :|err

No, i say the LOTS of beer is keeping him sane enough to finish the boat.

And sobriety sucks:D
He can't have as many problems as I faced with the Miller. Had I been one to use lots of beer to get things done... I'd be drunk all the time and the boat would still be sitting with a broken motor. :D As it is, I have just a few things that need to be finished or installed that weren't there in the first place, and then it's on to the cosmetics. :)coffee

41 - 60 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.